|Davido Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1992|
Davido is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer who has published the studio albums Omo Baba Olowo (2012), A Good Time (2019), and A Better Time (2020); and an
EP titled Son of Mercy (2016). He has also released numerous popular singles and is well recognized for blending traditional African musical elements with global mainstream pop. He is the founder of the record label Davido Music Worldwide (DMW). In 2019, he was included in the list of the ‘Top 100 Most Influential Africans’ by New African magazine, an English-language monthly news magazine based in London.
David Adedeji Adeleke
Davido, The King of Modern-Day Afrobeats
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Davido had attended the British International School Lagos (BIS) in Victoria Island, Lagos. At the age of 16, he moved to the United States to study business administration at Oakwood University, a private, historically black Seventh-day Adventist university in Huntsville, Alabama. He had, however, dropped out to pursue a career in music and had relocated to London to work on his vocals.
After returning to Nigeria in 2011, he had taken a break from his music career and joined Babcock University, a private Christian co-educational university in Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria. He had graduated from there in July 2015 with a degree in music after his father had paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one student.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Adedeji Adeleke (Business Magnate, CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited; President of Adeleke University, a privately owned university in Ede, Osun State, Nigeria)
- Mother – Veronica ‘Vero’ Adeleke (Singer, Doctor, University Lecturer) (d. March 2003)
- Siblings – Sharon Adeleke (Older Sister), Adewale Adeleke (Older Brother) (Business Executive, Executive Director of Pacific Energy, Co-owner of the Record Label HKN Music), Coco Adeleke (Older Sister)
- Others – Teju Adeleke (Ex-Step-Mother), Esther Adeleke (Paternal Grandmother), Ayoola Adeleke (Paternal Grandfather), Isiaka Adeleke (Paternal Uncle) (Politician, Former Nigerian Senator from Osun State) (d. April 2017), Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke (Paternal Uncle) (Politician, Businessman, Nigerian Senator from the Osun-West Senatorial District between 2017 and 2019), Christina Adeleke (Aunt), Adebayo Adeleke aka B-Red (Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter), Sina Rambo (Cousin) (Musician), Nike Adeleke (Cousin), Caleb Adaji (Brother-in-Law), Adenike Adeleke (Cousin), Tunji Adeleke (Cousin)
He is represented by B.F.A and Co., Legal Agent, Full-Service Law Firm, Lagos, Nigeria.
Afrobeats, Pop, Afro-Pop, Hip Hop, Electropop, Dancehall, R&B, Reggae, Trap, Ragga, Highlife, House music
- Davido Music Worldwide
- HKN Music
- Sony Music Africa
- RCA Records
Davido’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Davido has dated –
- Nish Kards (2012)
- Staicay Brianar (2013)
- Funmi Aboderin (2013)
- Sophia Ajibola Momodu (2013–2015) – Davido started dating Nigerian socialite, model, and entrepreneur Sophia Ajibola Momodu in 2013. They have a daughter together named Aurora Imade Adeleke (b. May 14, 2015). The pair had parted ways in 2015.
- Sira Kante (2015)
- Amanda Adeleke (2015–2017) – Davido began dating anchor, model, and reporter Amanda ‘Mandy’ Adeleke in 2015. They have a daughter together named Hailey Veronica Adeleke (b. May 9, 2017). They had separated in 2017.
- Chioma Avril Rowland (2017–2020) – Davido started dating Nigerian chef, model, and social media star Chioma Avril Rowland in 2017, and they got engaged in 2019. They have a son together named David Adedeji Adeleke Jr. (b. October 20, 2019). The couple was expected to get married in 2020 but had eventually broken up later that year.
- Mya Yafai (2020–2021)
- Vafyl Vanessa (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- Slender frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
- Wears earrings
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
- In April 2012, Davido signed a ₦30 million endorsement deal with the South African multinational mobile telecommunications company MTN to become the face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign aimed at Nigerian youth.
- In October 2013, Guinness Nigeria, the Nigerian division of the popular Irish alcoholic brand Guinness had signed him up for an endorsement deal.
- In May 2018, he signed an endorsement deal with Infinix Mobile, a Hong Kong-based smartphone manufacturer.
- In May 2021, he was named the official brand ambassador of the Cyprus-based sports betting brand 1xBet.
- In June 2021, the French alcoholic brand Martell announced him as its new ambassador.
- He had bought musical equipment for the first time and started making beats when he was studying at Oakwood University.
- Around that time, he had also formed the music act KB International with his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo.
- His 2017 single titled Fall had become the then longest-charting Nigerian pop song in the history of Billboard, an American organization that tabulates the relative weekly popularity of songs and albums in the United States and elsewhere.
- As of August 2021, he was the 2nd most followed African on the social media platform Instagram.
- In November 2021, he challenged his friends to send him ₦1 million each, also stating that the ones that don’t follow through should not associate with him anymore. Through this challenge, he had raised ₦201 million to which he had added ₦50 million and the entire sum was disbursed to orphanages across Nigeria.
- In March 2022, he had been featured on a track titled Hayya Hayya (Better Together), the first single of the multi-song official soundtrack of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. This had made him the first Nigerian singer to have been featured in a FIFA World Cup single.
Featured Image by Davido / Instagram