|Dennis Haysbert Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1954|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dennis Haysbert is an American actor who is best known for portraying baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy (1989, 1994, 1998), Agent Tim Collin in the political thriller movie Absolute Power (1997), Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in the action-drama TV series The Unit (2006-2009), and David Palmer in the first 5 seasons of the action-drama TV series 24 (2001-2006). In April 2009, he started a production company whose first project was an HBO documentary about an up-and-coming boxer.
Dennis Dexter Haysbert
San Mateo, San Mateo County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dennis graduated from the San Mateo High School in 1972 after which he was offered athletic sponsorships owing to his height and frame. He, however, chose to study acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
- Father – Charles Whitney Haysbert, Sr. (Deputy Sheriff, Airline Security Guard)
- Mother – Gladys Haysbert (née Minor) (House Cleaner)
- Siblings – Adam Haysbert (Younger Brother), Lenier Garnet Haysbert (Older Brother), Rita Haysbert (Older Sister), Stanley Hershel Haysbert (Older Brother), Al Haysbert (Older Brother), Charles Haysbert, Jr. (Older Brother), Ronald Haysbert (Older Brother), Jeannette Haysbert (Older Sister)
- Others – William Haysbert (Paternal Grandfather), Addie Barrow (Paternal Grandmother), Ben Minor (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Greenup (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Geevani Singh, Manager, GS Management Group, Inc., San Marino, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dennis has dated –
- Elena Simms (1980–1984) – Dennis and Elena Simms were married for almost 5 years and got divorced in 1984.
- Lynn Griffith (1989–2001) – Dennis got married to Lynn Griffith in 1989 and they have 2 children together, a son named Charles Haysbert (Film Producer) and a daughter named Katharine Haysbert. They parted ways in 2001.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Bulky frame
- A heavy, deep voice
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a goatee
Dennis has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Allstate Insurance (2003-2008)
- Discovery Channel (2005)
- Virgin 1 (2007)
Dennis Haysbert Favorite Things
- Politicians/Administrators – Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Colin Powell, Nelson Mandela
- Sports – Golf, Tennis
- Adventure Sport – Scuba Diving
Dennis Haysbert Facts
- For his portrayal of Raymond Deagan in the 2002 period drama film Far from Heaven, he won a Satellite Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture’ and the Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’.
- For his portrayal of Dr. Theodore Morris in the science-fiction comedy-drama TV series Now and Again (1999-2000), he won a Saturn Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor on Television’.
- He is the 1st actor to have portrayed the DC Comics character Kilowog, a member of the Green Lantern Corps, in any entertainment medium outside of the traditional comic books. He voiced the character in several episodes of the animated TV series Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
- Dennis has also lent his voice to video game characters such as Irving Lambert in Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, the narrator in Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and David Palmer in 24: The Game.
Featured Image by Dennis Haysbert / Instagram