|Anne Dudek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1975|
Anne Dudek is an American actress and blogger. She is best known for her roles in TV series such as Big Love (2007-2011) as Lura Grant, House (2007-2012) as Dr. Amber Volakis, Covert Affairs (2010-2012) as Danielle Brooks, Mad Men (2007-2014) as Francine Hanson, and Corporate (2018-2019) as Kate.
Anne Louise Dudek
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Anne attended Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts, United States. After graduating, she enrolled at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
- Father – Paul Dudek (Architect)
- Mother – Janet Dudek
- Others – Hubert/Herbert Dudek (Paternal Grandfather), Lillian Jensen (Paternal Grandmother), Virginia G. (Maternal Grandmother), Leona (Paternal Great-Grandmother)
Anne Dudek is represented by –
- Innovative Artists (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Trademark Talent (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Jill Fritzo Public Relations (Publicist) in New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anne Dudek has dated –
- Matthew Dana Heller (2006-2016) – After dating an artist/painter Matthew Heller for 2 years, she married him in 2008. Their 1st child, a son named Akiva Heller, was born on December 14, 2008, and weighed 7 lbs or just over 3 kg. Their 2nd kid, a daughter named Saskia Heller, was born in February 2012. She filed for divorce in March 2016 and the divorce was finalized in September 2016.
- Jeremy Candillier (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Polish descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Sunkissed Brown’ in the past.
- Tall height
- Dimpled chin
Anne Dudek Facts
- She grew up in Newton, Massachusetts.
- She used to be a resident artist at the Chicago, Illinois-based The Court Theatre.
- In her early career, Anne was profiled as one of “10 Artists To Watch” by the American Theater Magazine.
- She initially liked playing troubled and misunderstood characters but it became a bit of a cliché and limiting as her career progressed.
- In the episodes of sitcoms Friends (2003) where she played the role of Precious, and How I Met Your Mother (2005) where she played the role of Natalie, her characters were dumped on their birthday.
- She never gets an explanation about why she wasn’t cast in a particular role. However, the 1st reason that comes to her mind is her tall height, which comforts her.
- She was cast as Junior Detective Lucinda Barry in the pilot for the TV series Psych in 2006, a partner to the main character, Carlton Lassiter, played by Timothy Omundson. However, because the test audience wrongly concluded Carlton was cheating on his wife with Lucinda, the storyline was changed and actress Maggie Lawson was cast as Carlton’s partner instead.
- Anne played characters that were members of a polygamous cult in 2 TV shows, Emmanueline Kirtland in the 2007 episode of Numb3rs, and Lura Grant in 18 episodes of Big Love between 2007 and 2011.
- She was pregnant twice while playing Dr. Amber Volakis in the TV series House (2007-2012).
- She enjoys activities such as swimming, skiing, and yoga.
- Anne used to have a very active blog between 2010 and 2013, titled The Anne Dudek Mama Blog.
- Anne rarely gets recognized for her role as Francine Hanson in Mad Men (2007-2014) because she had to get her hair darkened to play the character. Lesli Glatter, who directed her in an episode of Mad Men, did not recognize her at all when she directed an episode of House Anne starred in.
- Anne was one of 3 Man Men series regulars that grew up in Newton, Massachusetts – the other 2 were John Slattery and Robert Morse.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY-2.0