|Derek Blasberg Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1982|
Derek Blasberg is an American journalist, writer, and television personality who has worked with almost all the famous magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, and Vogue. He has worked as the host of CNN International‘s “CNN Style” and in 2018, he was made the head of fashion and beauty partnerships at YouTube about which he posted on his Instagram where he has more than 800k followers.
Derek Charles Blasberg
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
New York, United States
Derek attended the Affton High School. He later went on to New York University and graduated with a dual bachelor’s degrees in dramatic literature and journalism.
Journalist, Author, Television Personality
- Father – Bill Blasberg (Public Accountant)
- Mother – Carol Blasberg (Managing Editor)
Derek is represented by Lighthouse Management and Media, Inc.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Derek has dated –
- Nick Brown (2014-Present) – Derek has been in a relationship with Nick Brown, a venture capitalist since 2014. The couple moved in together in 2016 in New York.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Being a journalist and television personality and working extensively in the fashion industry
Derek’s first theatrical film appearance was in Ocean’s 8 as himself in 2018 but his role was uncredited.
First TV Show
Derek made his first TV show appearance in America’s Next Top Model as himself in 2010.
Derek Blasberg Favorite Things
- Food – Mozzarella, Pie
Source – Instagram, Instagram
Derek Blasberg Facts
- During his college time, Derek also worked for ‘Elite Model Management’, a famous modeling agency where he used to write bios for models. He also worked for a European agency ‘Models 1’ while studying in London.
- Derek started working part-time for W Magazine during his junior year in college.
- He started working for Vogue during his senior year and began full time after finishing college.
- Derek was fired from Vogue due to his ill behavior with his colleagues. The other reason was that he was linked with a tabloid due to an affair with a Proenza Schouler designer that embarrassed Vogue.
- He started The Blasblog, a column that he used to write for Style.com, where he was the Editor at Large from 2006 to 2010.
- He went doing the writing and editing for several magazines and editorials such as ‘Fast + Louche’ for Interview magazine and co-wrote many New York City editions of the Louis Vuitton Travel Guides.
- His first book Classy: Exceptional Advice for the Extremely Modern Lady was published in April 2010 which remained on the The New York Times bestsellers list for many weeks.
- He also worked for Gagosian Gallery in 2014, was the Editor at Large of Harper’s Bazaar and finally joined Vanity Fair in 2015.
- Visit his official website @ derekblasberg.com.
- Follow Derek on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Fairchild Media / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0