|Devdutt Padikkal Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Devdutt Padikkal is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented, as a top-order batsman, Karnataka (2018-Present) in the Indian domestic cricket circuit. His heavy run-scoring in domestic cricket has earned him an IPL (Indian Premier League) contract with Royal Challengers Bangalore (2019–Present). He has also represented India at the Under-19 tier.
Edappal, Malappuram, Kerala, India
Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India
Devdutt had attended both the Army Public School and the St. Joseph’s Boys High School in Bengaluru. He had secured an impressive aggregate of 96% in his 10th-grade examinations.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA) in Bengaluru, and as of January 2021, had completed his fourth-semester examinations for a bachelor’s degree in business management.
- Father – Babunu Kunnath (Businessman)
- Mother – Ambili Balan Padikkal
- Siblings – Chandni Padikkal (Older Sister) (Lawyer)
He is represented by Supreeth Srinivas, Manager and Booking Agent, Flipside Sports, Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India.
37 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (Indian Premier League)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Affable smile
- Lean physique
- Lanky frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Devdutt Padikkal Facts
- Born and brought up in the state of Kerala, Devdutt’s family had decided to move to Bengaluru, Karnataka, in 2011 so that he could avail better cricket facilities and opportunities. His parents had realized that he had an aptitude for the sport ever since he was 3 years old when they saw him pick up a plastic bat and bat left-handed.
- He soon began training at the Karnataka Institute of Cricket and by 2014 had represented the state of Karnataka in the Under-16 and Under-19 tiers. In 2017, he was selected to play for the Bellary Tuskers in the Karnataka Premier League, a franchise-based feeder T20 league.
- He made his List A (senior tier, one-day format) debut for Karnataka in September 2019 in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, the premier domestic one-day competition in India. Despite this being his rookie season, he had topped the run-scoring charts with 609 runs in just 11 matches.
- His performances attracted the attention of IPL franchises and he was handed a contract in 2019 by the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Although he did not get into the playing XI that season, he was firmly entrenched in the franchise’s future plans as they asked him to open the batting in the 2020 season.
- Devdutt made an immediate impact by becoming the first player in IPL history to have scored 3 50s in his first 4 matches. He had also become the first batsman in 10 years to have scored a 50+ innings on IPL debut.
- He ended the season amassing 473 runs in 15 matches, a performance that earned him the coveted ‘Emerging Player Award’ for the season. This was also the record for the most number of runs scored by an uncapped player (player who has not represented his national team at the senior level) in the debut season.
Featured Image by Devdutt Padikkal / Instagram