|Hanuma Vihari Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1993|
Hanuma Vihari is an Indian cricketer who broke into the senior national team, in the longest format of the game, in September 2018 through the sheer weight of runs that he scored for Hyderabad and Andhra in the Indian domestic circuit. Though he was selected in the Indian team primarily as a middle-order batsman, he has also served the team as a handy relief bowler. Hanuma had progressed in the Indian cricket pathway through splendid performances at the age-group level and was an integral member of the Indian squad that won the 2012 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
Gade Hanuma Vihari
Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Father – Satyanarayana (d. 2005)
- Mother – Vijaya Lakshmi
- Siblings – Vyshnavi (Older Sister)
He is represented by Sukrit Nagpal, Manager, Medallin Sports, Sports Management Company, New Delhi, India.
Right-Arm Off break
- 44 – Test Match
- 36, 19 – IPL (Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Capitals)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hanuma has dated –
- Preethiraj Yeruva (2018–Present) – Hanuma got engaged to fashion entrepreneur Preethiraj in October 2018. The couple got married in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
- Short-cropped hair
- Toned physique
- Has a tattoo on his left forearm
Hanuma Vihari Facts
- Hanuma was the highest run-getter for Andhra in the 2017–18 season of the Ranji Trophy. He racked up 752 runs in just 6 matches, including a mammoth innings of 302 runs against Odisha.
- He scored a half-century in the first innings of his debut Test Match, against England in September 2018.
- Although not highly renowned as a bowler, he dismissed legendary English batsman Alastair Cook in the 2nd innings of the same Test Match. It was the last match of Cook’s career and he retired as England’s highest run-getter in the Test Match format.
- In September 2019, he scored his maiden Test hundred and dedicated it to his father who had passed away when Hanuma was just 12 years old.
- In February 2023, Hanuma played a reverse sweep shot with a single hand due to a fractured left wrist in a Ranji Trophy quarter-final match against Madhya Pradesh. He had hit the four on that shot. His shot was termed as a ‘reverse slap’ by Dinesh Karthik. The video of that shot had gone viral due to the unique nature of the shot.
- As per the list released in March 2023, Vihari was removed from BCCI’s annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
Featured Image by Hanuma Vihari / Instagram