|Karolina Kowalkiewicz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1985|
Karolina Kowalkiewicz is a Polish professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the strawweight division of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship – an American mixed martial arts promotion company that is considered to be the largest of its kind and most prestigious in the world) in December 2015. In November 2016, she unsuccessfully contested for the UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship. Karolina was defeated, via unanimous decision, by fellow Polish fighter Joanna Jędrzejczyk (widely regarded as the greatest female strawweight mixed martial artist of all time). This was the first defeat of her professional mixed martial arts career, having held a 10-0 overall win-loss record (3-0 in the UFC) until then. Before Karolina strung together this 10-0 streak, she had competed in a solitary bout at the amateur tier – a defeat, in March 2012. Quite incredibly, it was Joanna who had upstaged her in that bout as well. As of August 2023, she had amassed an 8-7 win-loss record in the UFC and won a ‘UFC Bonus Award’ once – ‘Fight of the Night’. Before joining the UFC in December 2015, Karolina had put together a 7-0 win-loss record, competing in promotions such as Extreme Fighting Sports, Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki (Martial Arts Confrontation), and Invicta FC. During this time (May 2012-February 2015), she won the vacant Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki Flyweight Championship once (in June 2013) and successfully defended that title once (in May 2014). She also won the ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus award twice during this timespan – once at Invicta FC (November 2014) and once at Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki (February 2015).
Karo, The Polish Princess
Łódź, Łódź Voivodeship, Poland
Łódź, Łódź Voivodeship, Poland
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Flyweight (2012-2014)
- Strawweight (2014-Present)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
Karolina Kowalkiewicz’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karolina has dated –
- Łukasz Zaborowski (2020-Present) – Karolina married her trainer, Łukasz Zaborowski, in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Polish descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
She has been sponsored by Monster Energy, an American energy drink brand.
Karolina Kowalkiewicz Facts
- Karolina began getting trained in Krav Maga (an Israeli martial art that was derived from a combination of techniques used in judo, karate, boxing, and wrestling) when she was about 16 years old.
- She later trained in Muay Thai (a combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques) after which she decided to pursue a career in mixed martial arts.
- In 2019, Karolina was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune disease (a condition wherein the body’s immune system mistakenly targets and attacks healthy, functioning parts of the body) that gradually destroys the thyroid gland (a butterfly-shaped gland located in the neck). She adopted a vegan diet and worked with an endocrinologist to limit the impact of this disease on her fitness.
- In February 2020, during a UFC bout against Yan Xiaonan, Karolina suffered a severe eye injury in the first round. Despite this, she contested the remaining rounds of this bout.
- Her injuries, however, turned out to be so serious that she was forced to wear an eye patch for a few days and had to stay under medical supervision in Auckland, New Zealand – where the bout was fought. She eventually had to undergo eye surgery and the process involved the insertion of a titanium plate in her right eye.
Featured Image by Karolina Kowalkiewicz / Instagram