|Devin Lima Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1977|
Devin Lima was an American musician who is better known for being the vocalist of the pop and hip hop band, Lyte Funkie Ones (LFO). He was a very talented singer and shared a close bond with his bandmate, Brad Fischetti, with whom he stayed in touch until his last days. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Lima became a member of LFO after succeeding in an open audition in 1999 and after the several splits and reunions, he remained a member of the band until his last breath. Devin Lima worked on a number of projects with LFO which included singles like I Don’t Wanna Kiss You Goodnight, West Side Story, Every Other Time, Life Is Good, and Perfect 10. He also pursued a solo career and had also been a member of a band called The Cadbury Diesel.
Devin Lima was born on March 18, 1977.
He died at the age of 41 on Wednesday morning on November 21, 2018, after battling stage four adrenal cancer for over a year.
He was born in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The details about Devin Lima’s academic background are unknown.
- Father – Louis M. Lima
- Mother – Maria Filomena
- Siblings – He had 2 younger brothers.
As a member of the pop and hip hop band, LFO, Devin Lima was managed by Lou Pearlman.
Pop, R&B, Pop-Rap, Hip Hop, Dance
Arista Records, Inc., J Records, LFO
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Devin Lima preferred to keep his personal life away from the public eye and rarely ever spoke about his love life. Hence, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his romantic life and previous relationships.
However, he had 6 children and shared a loving relationship with his partner.
Race / Ethnicity
Devin Lima was of Portuguese descent.
- Was spotted with a widow’s peak for some time during his career
- Deep set eyes
- Multiple tattoos all over the body
- Usually wore shades
- Had a fine jawline
Devin Lima had not endorsed any brand during his lifetime.
Best Known For
- Being the vocalist of the American pop and hip hop band, LFO (Lyte Funky Ones), which also included vocalist Brad Fischetti, lead singer and primary songwriter, Rich Cronin, and Brian Gillis
- Releasing several albums, like LFO and Life Is Good, and singles, like I Don’t Wanna Kiss You Goodnight, West Side Story, Every Other Time, Life Is Good, and Perfect 10, as a member of the hip hop band, LFO
As a member of LFO (Lyte Funkie Ones), Devin Lima’s first album was titled LFO. The album was released on August 24, 1999, via Arista Records, Inc. and became certified platinum in the United States and gold in Canada. It also sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide and included songs like Summer Girls, Girl on TV, Cross My Heart, and I Don’t Wanna Kiss You Goodnight.
Devin Lima, as a member of LFO, made his first theatrical film appearance by making a cameo in the teen action comedy crime movie, Longshot, in 2001.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode of the comedy talk-show series, The Richard Blackwood Show, in October 1999.
Lima maintained a well-built physique by following a healthy lifestyle.
Devin Lima Facts
- Lima became a member of the pop band LFO in 1999 after qualifying an open audition, held by Rich Cronin and Brad Fischetti after Brian “Brizz” Gillis decided to leave the group because it was not making any significant progress and, hence, Gillis wanted to pursue a solo career.
- The pop band LFO originated as a trio including Rich Cronin, Brad Fischetti, and Brian “Brizz” Gillis in 1995.
- Before beginning his career as the vocalist of Lyte Funkie Ones (LFO), he used to work at a hardware store.
- It was Lima’s idea that the group should drop the name Lyte Funkie Ones and instead go by the abbreviated name, LFO. However, there already existed an IDM act on the Warp Records label which had been using the name since 1988.
- As a solo artist, Lima released a cover of the Sly & the Family Stone song i.e. If You Want Me to Stay.
- He was also a member of the band, The Cadbury Diesel, and the band’s debut record was titled Mozart Popart which was released in July 2008.
- For some time, Lima also continued his musical endeavors under the alias ‘Live From Orlando’.
- Later, in 2013, he formed a group with electronic artists DJ Shakka and Ayj as The Mack Pack. The group released 2 singles, titled Golden and Out of Control, in 2014.
- He shared a close bond with his bandmate Brad Fischetti and the two collaborated on a hip-hop project and released the two-song Xiles X-mas EP on December 13, 2009.
- After LFO‘s first split in February 2002, the band reunited in 2009 and were again back in business. However, the band faced a second split when Rich Cronin died on September 8, 2010, after fighting leukemia.
- It was in October 2017 that fellow bandmate, Brad Fischetti, confirmed the news that Devin was diagnosed with stage four adrenal cancer. Lima also had his one kidney removed.
- Two of LFO‘s members, Rich Cronin and Devin Lima, died, 8 years apart, after battling cancer. Also, Lima suffered from a rare type of cancer.
- According to the last conversation that Brad Fischetti had with his bandmate, Lima said to him, ‘Bro, when it’s over, just tell them I disappeared.’ And that was what Brad said when he shared the shattering news with the world.
- Follow Devin Lima on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Devin Lima / Instagram