|Judy Reyes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1967|
Judy Reyes is an American actress, model, and producer who rose to prominence after playing the part of Carla Espinosa on the NBC/ABC medical comedy-drama television series Scrubs (2001-2009) that fetched her many honors such as the ALMA Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Television Series” in 2006. She gained further acclaim by starring in several other TV shows including Devious Maids (2013-2016) where she portrayed the character of Zoila Diaz and the TNT crime comedy-drama Claws in which she began appearing in the recurring role of Annalise “Quiet Ann” Zayas in 2017. Judy has also performed in a number of movies like King of the Corner (2004) and All Together Now (2020). She has worked as the producer of numerous films including the comedy Glow Ropes: The Rise and Fall of a Bar Mitzvah Emcee (2008), and TV programs like LaGolda (2017) of which she was the executive producer.
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
She went to Hunter College in Manhattan in New York where she started her acting career.
Actress, Model, Producer
- Siblings – She has 3 sisters including a fraternal twin sister named Joselin Reyes and a younger sister named Fidias Reyes, both of whom are also actresses.
She is represented by TalentWorks and Agency for the Performing Arts.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Edwin M. Figueroa (1997-2008) – She married writer and director Edwin M. Figueroa. They got divorced in 2008.
- George Valencia – She has been in a long-term relationship with actor George Valencia. They together have a daughter named Leila Rey Valencia (b. November 27, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Dominican Republic descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Freckles on her nose and cheeks
- Expressive eyes
- Wide mouth
She has appeared in several commercials including the TV advertisement for Kodak in 2002.
Judy Reyes Favorite Things
- Role – That in real-life of a full-time mother to her baby daughter
Source – Latina
Judy Reyes Facts
- She was raised in Bainbridge Avenue, from the age of 13 to around 26.
- She helped in establishing the Labyrinth Theater Company while studying in college.
- Judy has affirmed that she has one of the most wonderful experiences working for the TV show Claws. She has stated that one of the strengths of the program has been the camaraderie between the actresses, which has also come across so strongly on-screen, with the audience having commented on how the cast does not even seem to be acting. She has given credit for that to the writing and casting that has involved truly gifted and powerful women with natural chemistry full of love and care flowing among them.
- Judy has revealed that during the shooting for Claws, she has enjoyed a sheer blast with the cast just hanging out on the set, joking and laughing, making amusing videos while actually working really hard.
- She has stated that the biggest lesson she learned from being a mother was the value of patience.
Featured Image by Judy Reyes / Instagram