|Dharmendra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1935|
Dharmendra is an Indian film actor who was widely popular for his action hero image and great physique. He is considered to be one of the most successful actors of Indian Cinema and has given various memorable films like Sholay (1975), Soorat Aur Seerat (1962), Bandini (1963), Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya (1966), and Dulhan Ek Raat Ki (1967), Anpadh (1962), Pooja Ke Phool, and many others. He played various characters from comedy to action to romance. His most famous pairing was with his now-wife Hema Malini.
Dharam Singh Deol
Dharmendra, Dharam Ji, Action King, He-man, Veeru
Nasrali, Punjab, British India
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He studied at the Government Senior Secondary School at Lalton Kalan, Ludhiana and later completed his graduation from Ramgarhia College, Phagwara.
Actor, Producer, Politician
- Father – Kewal Kishan Singh Deol (School Teacher)
- Mother – Satwant Kaur
- Siblings – Ajit Deol (Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Abhay Deol (Nephew) (Actor), Bharat Takhtani (Son-in-Law), Pooja Deol (Daughter-in-Law), Tanya Deol (Daughter-in-Law), Karan Deol (Grandson) (Actor), Vaibhav Vohra (Son-in-Law), Rajveer Deol (Grandson), Aryaman Deol (Grandson), Dharam Deol (Grandson), Darien Vohra (Granddaughter), Radhya Takhtani (Granddaughter), Miraya Takhtani (Granddaughter)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dharmendra has dated –
- Parkash Kaur (1954-1982) – Dharmendra married Parkash in 1954 and they have 2 sons together named Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol, and 2 daughters named Ajeeta Deol and Vijeeta Deol.
- Hema Malini (1980-Present) – Hema and Dharmendra married in 1980 and they have 2 daughters together named Esha Deol and Ahana Deol.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Sikh ancestry.
Dharmendra has been a part of commercials like –
- Himami Chyawanprash (2007)
- Ford New Holland Tractor
- Relaxomap Pain Relieving Oil
- TOPAZ AD
- Chetak soap
Dharmendra Favorite Things
- Actor – Guru Dutt, Dilip Kumar
- Actress – Suraiya, Nutan
- Singer – Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar
- Food – Shaljam gosht, Chuse ke kabab, Makke ki roti, Palak paneer
- Director – Arjun Hingorani
- Movies – Dillagi (1949)
- As a child, he never liked going to school.
- He had an interest in films from a very young age.
- Dharmendra sent an application to Filmfare Talent Hunt after his mother’s suggestion.
- He married his wife, Parkash Kaur when he was just 19 years old.
- His first solo action film was Phool Aur Patthar (1966), which won him the Filmfare nomination for “Best Actor”.
- His most famous on-screen pairing was with Hema Malini.
- Hema Malini’s parents were against Dharmendra as he was already married.
- Dilip Kumar describes him as the most handsome actor.
- He has a theme restaurant dedicated to his name in New Delhi.
- Dharmendra has worked with various directors, each with a different style of filmmaking.
- He took a break from acting from 2003 to 2007.
- His most notable work is in the film Sholay (1975).
- He converted to Islam so that he did not have to divorce his previous wife.
- He received the Padma Bhushan in 2012.
- In 1997, he received the “Lifetime Achievement” award from Filmfare.
- He represented Bikaner in the 14th Lok Sabha Elections from BJP.
- He is considered one of the most successful actors in Indian Cinema.
- His grandson, Karan Deol made his debut in the year 2019 with the film Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas, which is a famous track from one of Dharmendra’s old films.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0