|Bobby Deol Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1969|
Bobby Deol is an Indian film actor and he has also worked as a DJ in many Hindi films. He is the son of the famous Bollywood actor Dharmendra and younger brother of famous actor Sunny Deol. He is best known for playing Badal in the Hindi romantic film Barsaat (1995), portraying the character of Vicky in the Indian action thriller film Soldier (1998), playing the character of Jeeva in the Indian action thriller Bichhoo (2000), portraying Raj Malhotra in the Hindi suspense thriller film Ajnabee (2000), playing raj Singhania in Hindi romantic thriller Humraaz (2002), and many more.
Vijay Singh Deol
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Bobby attended The Lawrence School, Sanawar. He later joined the Mayo College.
- Father – Dharmendra Singh Deol (Actor, Producer, Politician)
- Mother – Parkash Kaur
- Siblings – Sunny Deol (Actor, Politician) (Older Brother), Vijeeta Deol (Sister), Ajeeta Deol (Sister)
- Others – Hema Malini (Actress, Politician) (Step-mother), Esha Deol (Actress) (Step-Sister), Ahana Deol (Step-Sister), Abhay Deol (Actor) (Cousin)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bobby has dated –
- Neelam Kothari – Bobby was briefly engaged to actress Neelam Kothari in the past.
- Pooja Bhatt – The actor was dating Indian film director and actress Pooja Bhatt for a short time.
- Anjala Zaveri – Bobby was romantically involved with actress Anjala Zaveri during the shooting of Himalay Putra. Their relationship was not approved by actor Vinod Khanna who discovered Anjala and wanted her to concentrate on her work.
- Ajanamjot Grewal (1994) – In 1994, Bobby’s father selected a girl named Ajanamjot Grewal for Bobby. He later declined this arrangement when he got to know that Ajanamjot had been involved in various illegal activities such as shoplifting, drugs, and gang-related activities.
- Mamta Kulkarni (1994) – In 1994, Bobby proposed to actress Mamta Kulkarni. They, however, parted ways later.
- Rakshanda Khan (1995) – In 1995, Bobby was shortly in a romantic relationship with former supermodel and TV actress Rakshanda Khan.
- Sunaina Sikand – He was briefly involved with superstar Pran’s granddaughter, Sunaina Sikand.
- Tanya Deol (1996-Present) – On May 30, 1996, Bobby got married to the daughter of well known Indian banker Dev Ahuja, Tanya Deol. The couple is proud parents to 2 sons named Aryaman Deol (b. June 2001) and Dharm Deol (b. November 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin Lips
- Fair Complexion
- Curly Hair
Bobby has done endorsement work for the fashion brand Pantaloons.
Best Known For
- Being the son of famous Indian film actor Dharmendra and younger brother of famous Bollywood actor Sunny Deol
- Portraying important roles in numerous movies such as Badal in the Hindi romantic film Barsaat (1995), Vicky in the action film Soldier (1998), Jeeva in the action-thriller Bichhoo (2000), Raj Malhotra in the suspense film Ajnabee (2000), Raj Singhania in the romantic-thriller Humraaz (2002), Karan Singh Choudhary in the sports-drama Apne (2007), Abhimanyu Singh in the romantic-comedy Dostana (2008), and Gajodhar Singh/Karamveer Singh Dhillon in the action-comedy Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011)
Bobby made his theatrical film debut in the Bollywood folk film, Dharam Veer, as young Dharam in 1977.
First TV Show
Bobby made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Koffee with Karan in 2005.
As per an interview with Mid-Day in July 2018, Bobby was training under the guidance of trainer Rakesh Udiyar. According to him, he was not much of a gym person but now he is obsessed with working out. His workout routine consisted of heavy weight training.
His diet included protein rich nonvegetarian food in order to build muscles.
Bobby Deol Facts
- He was born while his father Dharmendra was shooting for the film Sharafat and was 11 lbs at the time of his birth.
- In 1983, Dharmendra met a child actor and was so impressed that he wanted to make a film starring Bobby but later changed his mind as he did not want Bobby to become a child actor.
- His first film was produced by his father Dharmendra and he won the Filmfare award for the “Best Debut” but he could not come to the function since he was hospitalized at the time.
- According to him, he would have had the best physique in Bollywood, had he started working out in his 20s.
- He was signed for the films Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi and Jab We Met opposite actress Vidya Balan and Ayesha Takia but later opted out of both the films.
- He was good friends with director Farah Ali Khan in his school time at the age of 16.
- When he was in college, he starred in a video film directed by actor Ajay Devgan and Vikram Bhatt.
- Director Subhash Ghai desired to give Bobby his first break in the film industry with the film Saudagar but his father refused as he wanted Bobby’s first film to be their own home production film.
- Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted to direct the film Train To Pakistan with Bobby but due to some unknown reasons, the film was directed by a different director and had a different star cast.
- According to him, the reason behind his gradual disappearance from the films was due to him being too old fashioned and he could not keep up with the quickly changing time.
- He has named his 2nd son based on the name of his father Dharmendra as a tribute to him.
- Apart from acting, he is also an occasional DJ and in fact trained in mixing tracks professionally.
- Follow Bobby Deol on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0