|Dharmesh Yelande Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1983|
Dharmesh Yelande is an Indian dancer, choreographer, and actor, best known for participating in the 2nd season of Dance India Dance that started on December 18, 2009, where he ended up being a first runner-up to Shakti Mohan. He was also a contestant on India Dance Li’l Masters, a spin-off of the original series, as well as Dance Ke Superkids, where he was a captain of Team Wakao. His performance in these shows on Zee TV was noticed by professionals in the industry, which led to him being hired as a choreographer in Tees Maar Khan (2010), by the director of the movie, Farah Khan.
In 2013, he starred in a 3D feature film ABCD – Anybody Can Dance, and in 2015, in ABCD 2, its sequel. Dharmesh’s dancing skills and knowledge were first recognized in Angarki (2013), a Marathi movie about Hindu Muslim riots, but also because he was a judge and mentor in a dance TV reality show Dance Plus for 4 seasons between 2015 and 2018. Dharmesh was a creator and founder of the academy titled D’virus Dance Academy, located in Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
D’ virus, D
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
His education details are unknown.
Dancer, Choreographer, Actor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kalpesh Yelande (Brother) (Dancer)
His manager details are unknown.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dharmesh has dated –
- Breshna Khan (2010-Present) – Some sources claimed that Dharmesh met Breshna at the time of Dance India Dance date, in early 2010. They’re still very much in love as of early 2019, which is evident from both his and her social media accounts. Even though they were together for a number of years, and there was talking of marriage between their two respective families, they still haven’t tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
- Stubble facial hair
- Often wears sunglasses and hats
- Undercut haircut
He hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Being the first runner-up in Dance India Dance between 2009 and 2010
- Starring in ABCD – Anybody Can Dance (2013) and ABCD 2 (2015)
- Having his own dance academy titled D’virus Dance Academy
- Starring in Dance Plus (2015-2018) TV show as a judge and a mentor
- Being a choreographer for the movie Tees Maar Khan in 2010
His first theatrical film appearance was in ABCD – Any Body Can Dance in 2013 as a character named D.
First TV Show
His first television appearance was as a competitor on Airtel Krazzy Kiya Re in 2007 on DD National channel, where he ended up as the first runner-up.
His workouts consist of fast-paced, explosive movements, whether that’s in the gym or at his dance academy. His goal was always to stay athletic and lean, and not prioritize muscle mass. That means he does cardio and endurance training, as well performs a lot of dancing rehearsals.
He never shared a lot of details about his diet, but in order to keep his fat percentage low, he eats a lot of protein and healthy fats.
Dharmesh Yelande Favorite Things
- Person – Remo D’souza
- Dance Style – Hip-Hop, Contemporary
Source – Msn
Dharmesh Yelande Facts
- Even though he was born in Maharashtra, he lived in Vadodara, Gujarat all his life, and his Marathi isn’t as good as Gujarati. For that reason, he considers himself a true blue Gujarati.
- In the early years of trying to become a dancer, he worked as a peon to ensure he has both the budget and free time to pursue his passion.
- He initially wanted to go to Mumbai, India, and be a back dancer for a celebrity or a singer.
- Dharmesh founded the D’virus Dance Academy with his brother, Kalpesh Yelande. He said that he wants to see his students succeed, but won’t spoon-feed them or give them special treatment. The reason for that – he believed that success is sweet only if you’ve labored for it.
- He ran a “sev usal laari stand,” which is a well known Indian dish, in Vadodara. It was located right next to his father’s tea stall, and it allowed him to make enough money for daily expenses. Dharmesh said he had to be very careful not to eat it all as it was very tasty and appealing.
- After success and recognition of the first two 3D films ABCD – Anybody Can Dance (2013) and its sequel ABCD 2 (2015), he is set to star in the 3rd installment in 2019. In November of 2018, he received an invitation from his idol, Remo D’souza, an award-winning choreographer and filmmaker and Dharmesh’s idol, to star in a tentatively titled film ABCD 3.
- He was a choreographer for Hrithik Roshan in a TV Show Just Dance (2011) on Star Plus channel.
- He won the competition on Dance Plus TV show in 2015 and 2016 as the captain of Team Dharmesh.
- Dharmesh is set to appear in a dance film Street Dancer, premiering in 2019, along with Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, and Punit Pathak.
- He starred in a 2016 film Banjo with Riteish Deshmukh as a character named Grease, as well as a romantic comedy Nawabzaade in 2018, alongside Raghav Juyal playing a character named Salim.
- He made a notable appearance and ended up winning 2008 Boogie Woogie TV dance competition created by Sony Entertainment Television.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Official Facebook Fan Page.
Featured Image by Dharmesh Yelande / Instagram