|Diane Youdale Mayhew Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|February 13, 1970
Diane Youdale Mayhew is an English actress, dancer, fitness trainer, psychotherapist, and businesswoman. She is best known for her role as Jet in the action, game-show, reality TV series Gladiators (1992-1996). Diane quit the show voluntarily because she suffered a neck injury and started to have recurring spinal injuries, which made her realize potentially breaking her neck was not worth it.
Diane Patricia Youdale
Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
She attended Billingham Campus School and Arts College in Billingham, England, United Kingdom.
She was trained in jazz and contemporary dance at the Darlington Arts Centre in Darlington, Durham, England, United Kingdom.
Diane later graduated from the Studio Centre in London, England, United Kingdom with diplomas in both Performing Arts and Fitness and Exercise. Diane also has a diploma from the Royal Society of Arts in London, England, United Kingdom for teaching exercise to music.
Actress, Businesswoman, Psychotherapist, Fitness Trainer, Dancer
Siblings – She has sisters.
Diane Youdale Mayhew is represented by Mackenzie Weller Management (Manager) in Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diane Youdale Mayhew has also dated –
- George – Diane Youdale Mayhew used to be married to a guy named George in the past and resided in the London area in England, United Kingdom. The 1st thing that attracted her to him was how tall and handsome he was, but also how much he loved Harley Davidson motorbikes, which were her favorite as well.
- Andy Mcglynn – She was connected to a fitness trainer Andy Mcglynn in the past but the rumor started to hurt his business. He was her personal trainer and had a strict “no s*x with clients” rule. For that reason, they only began dating and started living together after their professional contract ended, around 2008 or 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
- Athletic physique
- Dimpled smile
Diane Youdale Mayhew Favorite Things
- Food – Thai Curry, Crème Brulee
- Drink – Coffee
Source – Gazette Live
Diane Youdale Mayhew Facts
- She grew up in Billingham, England, United Kingdom.
- Diane was a 4-time England Junior Gymnast Champion.
- Between the ages of 14 and 19, she suffered from bulimia.
- Diane used to be an avid dancer and trained as a choreographer before the age of 22 when she joined the cast of Gladiators (1992-1996).
- Her theme music in Gladiators was a song The Power by the German group Snap!.
- In 1995, she was ranked at #57 on FHM’s poll of “100 Sexiest Women.” The next year, she was ranked at #19 and in 1997 she was ranked #96.
- In 1996, while she was competing on Gladiators during a live show in the Wembley Arena in London, Diane tackled the contender, fell awkwardly and trapped nerves in her neck. After the neck injury, she decided she didn’t want to end up immobile for someone’s entertainment if she broke her neck. She also loved hiking and couldn’t imagine not doing that ever again.
- Diane was offered a role as Jet in a potential revival of Gladiators in 2008. She stated that if their plans of running the TV show for 3 to 4 years were true, it was best if she made a comeback in the last ever episode. The company behind the TV show, Sky One, produced 2 TV movie documentaries instead, Gladiators A to Z and Gladiators Ready! – The Gladiators Story, both in 2008.
- She has worked as a psychotherapist in and around London, England. She later moved her business online and offered counseling/psychotherapy, seminars on philosophy, nutrition, fitness, dancing, as well as Paul Chek Holistic Lifestyle coaching.
- Diane is the founder of the company Soul Dynamics that deals with raising people’s emotional quotient (EQ).
- She is a fan of winter sports but is also an avid surfer, and loves running, cycling, and pilates.
- Diane is a morning person and is in bed between 10:30 PM and 11:00 PM.
- Diane is a certified fitness instructor and has written a short e-book manual titled Female, Fit and Fabulous.
- The food that is repulsive to her is any offal, e.g. internal organs of an animal.
Featured Image by Diane Youdale Mayhew / Twitter