|Divyanka Tripathi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1984|
Divyanka Tripathi is a well distinguished Indian actress, dancer, and beauty queen who rose to prominence with her portrayal of Dr. Ishita Bhalla in Ye Hai Mohabbatein. Other than that, she is also noted for starring in several other shows such as Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006-2009), Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale (2010-2011), and Ramayan: Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar (2012). Divyanka has also appeared in many hit films like Lala Hardaul (2012) and Chundri Odhasi Mahro Bir (2012). Besides acting, she is also notably known for taking part in several talent search shows such as India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj (2004) as well as Nach Baliye 8 which she had won in 2017. Her notable acting skill has also earned her numerous Indian Television Academy Awards, Indian Telly Awards, and Gold Awards. She also has more than 4.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 11 million followers on Instagram, and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Vidya, Ishita, Chaani
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Divanyaka graduated with a degree in mountaineering from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering in Uttarkashi. She also studied at the Nutan college in Bhopal.
- Father – Narendra Tripathi
- Mother – Neelam Tripathi
- Siblings – Priyanka Tiwari (Sister)
Divyanka is represented by –
- Axel Celebrity & Talent Management
- Kriti of Cevents Talent Management
- SK World Entertainment
- Coconut Talent Management
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Divyank has dated –
- Sharad Malhotra (2006-2015) – Actor Sharad Malhotra and Divyanka met for the first time on a talent hunt show called India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj in 2004. However, at the time, not much was thought about by the two. Later, they were reunited in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann in 2006. This was when the couple had started to date one another. Initially, the duo had planned on keeping things away from the spotlight. However, sometime in 2014, they opened up about the love interest that they had for each other. But, just as all good things don’t last forever, in 2015, the two issued a statement saying that “The decision of calling off the relationship is mutual. We had a beautiful journey, and the most lovely memories are helping us part ways cordially”. The couple never spoke about the reason behind their separation, but rumors at the time were that Sharad had been cheating on her.
- Vivek Dahiya (2015-Present) – Divyanka and actor Vivek Dahiya came in contact with one another for the first time in 2015 through a common friend. The co-stars from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein had originally kept their relationship a secret before finally getting engaged to one another on January 16, 2016. The duo had a rather secretive engagement with only friends and family being there. A few months later, they tied the knot on July 8, 2016, and have been living happily ever after since then. They also appeared as contestants on Nach Baliye 8‘s dance contest together in 2017 and stole the show with their amazing routines. Divyanka’s love-struck name for Vivek is “Viv”.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Heart shaped lips
- Aquiline nose
Divyanka has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Kabul Bank
- Fame Group
- Rely Hair Oil
Best Known For
- Being cast as Dr. Ishita Bhalla in Ye Hai Mohabbatein and Vidya in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006-2009)
- Winning the talent search dance show Nach Baliye 8 in 2017
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines such Desi Today, iCraze, TMM India – Thnkmkt Magazine, Perfect Woman, and Fit Look
- Making it into the Forbes “2017 Celebrity 100” list at #96
- Being crowned as Miss Bhopal and Pantene Zee Teen Queen’s “Miss Beautiful Skin”
- Winning multiple Indian Telly Awards, Indian Television Academy Awards, and Gold Awards
- Her appearances in several other shows such as Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale (2010-2011), Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story (2011), and Ramayan: Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar (2012)
- Being cast in the film Lala Hardaul (2012) as Rani Padmavati
Divyanka made her debut theatrical film appearance as Rani Padmavati in Lala Hardaul in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a contestant in Zee Teen Queen in 2003.
As an actress, she made her first TV show appearance as Melanie Kapoor in Viraasat in 2005.
When at the gym, she focuses more on losing calories and maintaining her lean physique. Her workout routine includes battle rope exercises, weighted squats, one-leg bench step ups, and seated machine flys. For the abdominal area, she does exercises like medicine ball crunches and Russian twists with a ball.
Divyanka also prefers to workout at any part of the day or night and believes that the main motive should be to burn the calorie intake. If push comes to shove, she also works out at 12 am or 1 am.
As for her diet, Divyanka claims that she cannot digest carbs very well. Due to that, she must follow a controlled food intake. She avoids eating rotis, rice, and even sugary food in order to maintain her lean physique.
Divyanka begins her day, with a lot of water and a glass of green juice. For breakfast, she prefers to consume only fruits and oil-free pancakes made from almond flour or quinoa flour. Her lunch generally consists of healthy wraps stuffed with paneer as well as a vegetable chutney or soup.
She also prefers to eat supper by 7 pm and the latest at 8 pm.
Divyanka Tripathi Favorite Things
- Food – Oil-free vegetable cutlet
- Meal Of The Day – Breakfast
- Cuisine – Dal Baati Churma
Source – YouTube
In 2017, Divyanka was accused of having faked an injury that she had sustained during her rehearsal on Nach Baliye 8. She had suffered from a back spasm, for which she was advised complete bed rest. However, people thought that she was faking her injury in order to avoid taking part in the contest.
Following the accusations, Divyanka took to Twitter to post a video for herself rehearsing on the day she was injured. She captioned it, “Rehearsal vid for those who wanted to see me performing last week. Answer for those who felt I’m faking my injury!#HonestHeart #HonestAction”.
Divyanka Tripathi Facts
- She was raised in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Prior to becoming an actress, Divyanka worked at All India Radio, Bhopal. At the time, she was paid INR 800.
- Divyanka was presented with the title of Miss Bhopal in 2001.
- In 2003, Divyanka took part in the Pantene Zee Teen Queen beauty pageant. She won the title of “Miss Beautiful Skin” during the preliminary rounds.
- Divyanka took part in India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj and was reported to have won from Indore.
- She was placed at #23 on MensXP.com‘s “35 Hottest Actresses In Indian Television” list in 2014.
- A barrage of emotional tweets was sent out to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in 2017 by Divyanka following an incident of a 12-year-old girl who was raped on August 15, 2017, in Chandigarh. She urged him to take strict actions against the perpetrator.
- She was listed at #96 on the Forbes “2017 Celebrity 100” list. Divyanka also became the first Indian television actress to appear on the list. At the time, she had a net worth of INR 2.92 crore.
- Divyanka has been diagnosed with a herniated disc in the past.
- In 2015, she fell off a five-foot-high stage while rehearsing for an award show and suffered multiple fractures to her left leg. Despite the severe injury, Divyanka attended the event.
- It was reported in 2016, that Divyanka had fallen into a glass wall that was meant to protect her. Shards of glass from the safety glass behind the fake glass wall went into her back after it also shattered. She was immediately rushed to the hospital with cuts all over her back.
- In 2017, while rehearsing for a performance on Nach Baliye 8, she had a back spasm that had put her on bed rest for a while.
- Toyo had chosen her as their brand ambassador in 2017.
- In 2019, Divyanka hosted the popular reality talent show The Voice 3 (India).
- She learned to cook non-vegetarian food for her ex-boyfriend actor Sharad Malhotra, despite being a pure vegetarian.
- Besides being an impressive actress, she is also a gold medalist in rifle shooting. Divyanka also considered joining the army prior to getting her first job in the Hindi entertainment industry.
- She enjoys shopping at the Lokhandwala complex market in Mumbai.
- Divyanka has an immense collection of shoes and handbags.
- It was announced in May 2019, that Divyanka would be taken a break from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, in order to shoot for her upcoming web show Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala.
- Her fans are referred to as “Divians”.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Divyanka Tripathi / Instagram