|Dominic Simper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1986|
Dominic Simper is an Australian musician who is best known for playing the bass and synthesizer for Tame Impala. He joined the band as their bassist and later, moved on to playing the guitar and the synthesizer alongside musician Kevin Parker. He was also nominated for the 2009 WAMI Award for “Best Bassist”.
Dominic studied at John XXIII College in Perth.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
As a member of Tame Impala, he is represented by
- Spinning Top Music
- Paradigm Talent Agency
Psychedelic Rock, Psychedelic Pop
Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Guitar
As a member of Tame Impala, his music was released by Modular Recordings and Interscope Records.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dominic prefers to keep his dating life out of the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointed Nose
- Shoulder length hair
- Often keeps a mustache
Dominic has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the bass, synthesizer, and guitar with Tame Impala‘s vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Kevin Parker, bassist Cam Avery, drummer and keyboardist Jay Watson, and drummer Julien Barbagallo
- Being nominated as “Best Bassist” at the 2009 WAMI Awards
Dominic contributed his skills to the release of Tame Impala‘s debut album titled Innerspeaker on May 21, 2010. It was compiled of 11 songs in total such as Lucidity, Why Won’t You Make Up Your Mind?, Solitude Is Bliss, and Expectation. The album was listed as the 83rd “Best Album of the Decade So Far” by Pitchfork Magazine and also won several other awards.
Dominic Simper Favorite Things
- Song From The Album Lonerism (2012) – Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control
Source – Colosoul Magazine
Dominic Simper Facts
- He was raised in Perth.
- Dominic and Kevin met when they were 13 years old as they attended the same music class at John XXIII College. During classes, they would play covers of legendary rock and metal bands like Korn, Unwritten Law, and Sunk Loto alongside 2Day FM‘s presenter Dan Debuf.
- Though Dominic and Kevin met at an early age, Dominic is not one of the founding members of Tame Impala and joined the group after it was created to fill in for their live tour performance.
- He played the bass for Tame Impala from 2007 to 2010. Later, he started touring with them as their guitarist and keyboardist.
- Dominic is a left-handed guitarist.
- Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker is almost 18 days younger than him.
- Dominic does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image By Dominic Simper Fan Page / Instagram