|Don Diablo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Don Diablo is a Dutch DJ, music producer, and songwriter who has made a niche for himself in the EDM (electronic dance music) genre. He is also reputed for producing and directing all his music videos. Don is considered as one of the pioneers of the ‘future house’ music genre and was given the moniker of ‘Future House’s Founding Father’ by EDM.com. He was ranked at number 7 in the 2018 list of “Top 100 DJs” by British magazine DJ Mag.
Don Pepijn Schipper
Origin Unknown, 2 Faced, Big Pineapple, Don Diablo
Coevorden, Drenthe, Netherlands
Don is a high school graduate. As he began his music career at the age of just 15, his college education took a backseat.
DJ, Lyricist, Music Producer
- Father – Leo Schipper (Died in 2013)
- Mother – Babs Schipper
He is represented by –
- Jonas Schumann, Paul Gongaware, and Simon Clarkson, Booking Agents (North & South America), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Jasja Heijboer, Booking Agent (Rest of the World), Ace Agency, Tuinstraat, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Electro House, Progressive House, Trap, Drum and Bass, Dubstep, House, Future House, Future Bass
- Spinnin’ Records
- Revealed Recordings
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Side-cropped hair
- Sports a beard
Don has served as the brand ambassador for brands such as Lexus.
Don Diablo Favorite Things
- Food – Desserts
- Singers – Prince, David Bowie, Captain Beefheart
- Musician – Aphex Twin
- Music Bands – Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Phoenix
- DJ – Paul Elstak
- Music Producer – Rick Rubin
- Filmmakers – Andy Warhol, Ron Jeremy, Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry
- TV Personality – Ron Brandsteder
- Publisher – Larry Flynt
- Fictional Characters – The Muppets, Ari Gold from the film Entourage (2015)
Source – Facebook About
Don Diablo Facts
- He is one of the most viewed musical artists online with more than 8.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify and more than half-a-billion streams on the platform. He has also amassed more than 1.5 billion views on YouTube.
- In 2015, Don launched his record label titled Hexagon and it won the online store Beatport’s award as the “Best New Label” for having the most number of Top 10 records in its first year.
- Don also produces a radio show titled Hexagon which regularly features in the weekly Top 10 positions in the iTunes’ podcast and is broadcast in more than 35 countries. He has utilized the name Hexagon as a personal brand of sorts, starting a self-designed fashion line that is sold in both brick-and-mortar stores as well as online (via his website).
- Don won the “Producer of the Year” and the “Best Future House DJ” awards at the 2016 EMPO Awards.
- Don composed the title song for the 2017 sci-fi film Kill Switch. He has also composed the much-acclaimed theme song of the 2013 Batman: Arkham Origins video game.
- At the 2018 WDM Radio Awards, Don won the “Best Electro House DJ”. For the song, Something Just Like This, he also won the “Best Remix” award.
- Don was one of the first celebrities to get associated with the UN-supported action campaign called Dance4Life. The campaign was a global call to act against HIV and AIDS. He traveled to several projects undertaken by the campaign in the South African cities of Johannesburg and Cape Town and shot a documentary highlighting the plight of the victims of HIV.
- He has also donated the proceeds from his 2018 tours across the world to the Dutch Cancer Society.
Featured Image by Don Pepijn Schipper / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0