|Dustin Diamond Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1977|
|Date of Death||February 1, 2021|
Dustin Diamond was an American actor, voice actor, director, comedian, producer, writer, and musician who is known for having been cast as Samuel “Screech” Powers in the Saved by the Bell series which includes Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style, Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas, and Saved by the Bell: The New Class.
Dustin Neil Diamond
Screech, Dirty Sanchez
He was born on January 7, 1977.
On February 1, 2021, he passed away at the age of 44 from small-cell lung carcinoma in Florida, United States.
San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
He resided in Port Washington, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, United States.
Dustin Diamond studied at Zion Lutheran School.
Actor, Director, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Writer, Comedian, Musician
- Father – Mark Diamond (Taught digital electronics for a computer-processing firm)
- Mother – She was a computer operator for Pacific Bell.
- Others – James Deane Stemer (Maternal Grandfather), Alfred Stanley Robbins (Maternal Great Grandfather), Ethel Mae Deane (Maternal Great Grandmother), Cecyl /Cecile Paulyne Parham (Maternal Grandmother), Claud /Claude Cecil Parham (Maternal Great Grandfather), Ona Molena Rodgers (Maternal Great Grandmother), Jesse Edgar Rodgers (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Frances Jane Bingham (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
Dustin Diamond was represented by Roger Paul, Inc., Talent Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dustin Diamond had dated –
- Jennifer Misner (2003-2013) – He started dating Jennifer Misner in 2003 and after being together for several years, the couple decided to get married in the year 2009. In December 2004, she suffered a miscarriage of their first child due to an ectopic pregnancy and, hence, the duo created the Dustin Diamond foundation which aimed at supporting organizations that specialize in childcare. However, they eventually parted ways.
- Amanda Schutz (2014) – He started going out with Amanda Schutz around the year 2014 and during the course of their relationship, the two, reportedly, got engaged as well.
Race / Ethnicity
Dustin Diamond was of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side and had English, Irish, and Scottish roots on his mother’s side.
- Usually sported a light beard
- Deep-set eyes
Dustin Diamond appeared in a TV commercial for Trivial Pursuit ’90s Edition in 2004.
He was raised in a Jewish household and was a believer in Judaism.
Dustin Diamond Facts
- He started acting at a very young age.
- During his younger years, he served as a live mannequin for a store.
- Dustin Diamond made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Little Sonny in an episode of the comedy sitcom, It’s a Living, in November 1987.
- He held a black belt in karate.
- He was left-handed.
- Dustin Diamond was a huge fan of professional wrestling.
- He directed and released his own s*x tape, Screeched – Saved by the Smell, in 2006 and his initial claim was that the tape got out as he and a group of friends had a “monthly gathering” wherein they exchanged such tapes which then earned them points based on “what [we’re] able to accomplish” on the tapes. “We do it almost like poker. [The tape] could have been left out in anybody’s home, machine, computer. The people that are involved in this group [of friends who exchange tapes] are all ‘profile people.'”.
- In an interview on Where Are They Now? on the Oprah Winfrey Network, he claimed that he was not actually in the s*x tape and rather a “stunt double” had his likeness added onto it.
- As a musician, he had formed a band named Salty The Pocketknife.
- During the course of his career, Dustin Diamond had also been cast in American Playhouse, Celebrity Big Brother, American Pie Presents: The Book of Love, etc.
- After he appeared as a housemate on the 12th series of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in August 2013, he was evicted on Day 16.
- In his memoir, he mentioned that he had slept with more than 2,000 partners.
- In January 2021, Dustin was hospitalized in Florida after experiencing pain all over his body. Later, it was revealed that he was battling Stage 4 cancer and was experiencing pain from having shingles.
- He had played the character of Samuel “Screech” Powers in 6 different projects – Good Morning, Miss Bliss (1987), Saved by the Bell (1989), Saved by the Bell: The College Years (1993), Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1993), Hang Time (1995), and Robot Chicken (2005).
Featured Image by Rob DiCaterino / Flickr / CC BY 2.0