|Ellie Bamber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1997|
Ellie Bamber is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Mandy Rice-Davies in The Trial of Christine Keeler, Cosette in Les Misérables, India Hastings in Nocturnal Animals, and Dove in Willow. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as A Mother’s Son, The Musketeers, The Serpent, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Falling, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Aspects of Love, The Lady from the Sea, and High Society. For her acting skills, Ellie has been nominated for numerous awards such as the San Diego Film Critics Society Award.
Berkshire, Surrey, England
Ellie Bamber attended a preparatory school Hawley Place School in Hart district. There, she was awarded drama scholarship for her excellence in acting.
She then joined Wellington College in Berkshire. Again at Wellington, she was awarded drama scholarship.
- Siblings – Lucas Bamber (Younger Brother)
Ellie Bamber is represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
Earlier, she was represented by her mother.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellie Bamber dated –
- Douglas Booth (2015) – Ellie Bamber was RUMORed to be going out with her Pride and Prejudice and Zombies co-star, Douglas Booth. They met for the first time during the filming of the movie and started dating each other. They have appeared together on the red carpet at a number of events and have attended private parties as well.
- Richard Madden (2017-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
Her natural hair color is ‘Blonde’.
However, to prepare for her number of roles, she has dyed them to ‘Red‘.
- Red coppery hair
- Typical English looks
- Porcelain skin
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Ellie has signed a lucrative deal with fashion brand Chanel. As per the agreement, she has shared a number of Chanel outfits on her social media accounts.
Best Known For
- Playing Lydia Bennett in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016).
- Starring alongside Amy Adams in Nocturnal Animals (2016).
Her debut movie was the mystery drama film The Falling, in which she had a very small role of a Dreamy Girl in 2014.
First TV Show
Her first TV show was the mini-series A Mother’s Son in which she played the role as Olivia in 2012.
Ellie Bamber had to undergo double training sessions to get her body in shape for the grueling action sequences of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Also, along with her co-stars, she took mandatory 2 months martial arts training before they began filming the movie.
Ellie Bamber Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching TV
- Food – Spaghetti Bolognese
- About The UK – Rain in the night
- Style Icon – Tom Ford
Source – Just Jared
Ellie Bamber Facts
- Ellie Bamber started working in theater at a very early age and was the youngest member of the London Player’s Theater Company after joining at the age of 12.
- For the audition of her famous role of Lydia Bennett in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, she had to take a flight back to England during her holidays.
- Her famous red hair came into existence because the costume team for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies believed that red hair perfectly embodied feisty Lydia Bennett’s character.
- Ellie was a part of an amateur music band, Annoy The Boy for some time as a lead vocalist and songwriter.
- To develop a Texan accent for her role in Nocturnal Animals (2016), she watched lots of episodes of Friday Night Lights and also interacted in the same accent on the movie set.
- To learn her dialogues and perfect her accent, she prefers to write them down and chant out loudly.
- Ellie Bamber is quite fond of fashion and describes her personal style sense as extremely eclectic. She particularly loves dressing up in short dresses.
- In an accident at the age of 4, she had the top of her finger cut off, which had to be sewn back. Ellie also suffered an arm fracture once and didn’t come to know about it for two days.
- Ellie got her big break with her work in High Society in 2015 and even won a nomination for Best Newcomer in a Musical.