|Elliphant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1985|
|Childhood Idol||Gwen Stefani|
Elliphant is a Swedish singer who has been widely praised for her stunning voice and her unabashed persona. She is often compared to Rihanna but Elliphant isn’t a fan of such comparison. She believes that her music has been more experimental than the Barbadian singer has made in her career. But, it can’t be denied that both have similar taste in making bold and courageous fashion choices. Elliphant has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Ellinor Miranda Salome Olovsdotter
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter
- Siblings – She has one maternal half-sister. She also has two paternal half-brothers and a paternal half-sister.
She is represented by –
- Kalli Clark-Sternberg, General Manager, Ten Music Group, Stockholm, Sweden
- Doug Croy, Booking Agent (United States), The Windish Agency
- Niklas Jonsson, Booking Agent (Sweden), Luger
- Alexandra Baker of High Rise PR
Electronic, Synth-pop, Alternative Hip-hop, Dancehall, Trap
- Bigger Splash
- Universal Music Group
- Kemosabe Records
- Mad Decent
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elliphant has dated –
- Luke Bracey (2015-2016) – Elliphant started going out with actor Luke Bracey towards the end of 2015. She eventually made their relationship public in December 2015 by posting a picture of them together on her Instagram account. Their relationship seemed to have fizzled out by the next year.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Icelandic ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
Best Known For
- The mild commercial success of her studio album, Living Life Golden
- Having collaborated with the leading techno musicians such as Diplo, Skrillex, and Dave Sitek
- The popularity of her debut single, Tekkno Scene. The song was featured in the popular video game, FIFA 13.
In October 2013, she released her debut studio album, A Good Idea.
First TV Show
In 2013, Elliphant made her first TV show appearance on the music game show, Sommarkrysset.
Elliphant Favorite Things
- Childhood Idol – Gwen Stefani
Source – Pigeons and Planes
- She had a tough childhood as she was raised in rough and gritty Stockholm suburb of Katarina-Sofia. Her mother was a drug addict, who had 2 daughters from 2 different men.
- In her interview with Red Bull, she lashed out against her native country, Sweden. She claimed that Sweden had been rude to her and her mother, and if she hadn’t left the country, she would have become a junkie.
- Her mother raised Elliphant on her own as a single parent.
- In her childhood, she was diagnosed with dyslexia and attention deficit disorder. Because of these conditions, she struggled in the school.
- Her life changed for the better when her grandmother took her on a trip to India at the age of 16. Later, she dropped out of school and made another trip to India on her own. It was during this trip that she discovered herself.
- While traveling, she used to do a lot of business to support herself. She used to purchase some goods in Burma and then sell it for profit in India.
- In 2011, while attending a party in Paris, she met music director Tim Deneve. Deneve needed someone who could sing and help him record his demos. He decided to give Ellinor a chance.
- About 6 months after she started working with Tim Deneve, she signed a record deal with TEN Music Group.
- In 2014, Charli XCX asked her to serve as the opening act for her Girl Power North America Tour.
Featured Image by Daniel Åhs Karlsson / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0