|Lucy Liu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1968|
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Lucy Liu went to the Joseph Pulitzer Middle School. She later got enrolled at the Stuyvesant High School and completed it in 1986.
She then got admission at New York University. However, she didn’t complete her studies there and instead, opted to move to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor from where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Asian languages and cultures.
Actress, voice actress, director, producer, singer, artist
- Father – Tom Liu (Trained civil engineer and digital clock pen salesman)
- Mother – Cecile Liu (Biochemist)
- Siblings – Alex Liu (Older Brother), Jenny Liu (Older Sister)
Lucy Liu is represented by Framework Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lucy Liu has dated –
- George Clooney (2000 and 2006) – Lucy was first reported to be dating British actor George Clooney in 2000. They went out for a couple of months back then. In December 2006, they were reported to have started dating once again after they were spotted making outside a restaurant in New York City.
- Zach Helm (2002-2004) – Lucy hooked up with screenwriter Zach Helm in 2002. After dating for nearly two years, they got engaged in 2004. However, their relationship didn’t last long after the engagement as she broke their engagement. She believed that love should strike you like lightning and it wasn’t the case for them.
- Wladimir Klitschko (2008) – Lucy reportedly had a short-lived fling with Ukrainian heavyweight boxing champion Klitschko in 2008.
- Will McCormack – Lucy was in a relationship with actor and screenwriter Will McCormack in 2004. Some sources claim that they have had an on-and-off relationship for more than a decade. However, due to her inclination to keep her love life under wraps, it can’t be said when they broke up.
- Noam Gottesman – Lucy started dating Noam Gottesman in 2010. Noam is an Israeli-American hedge-fund billionaire and is an avid art collector. And, it has been reported that their love for art brought them together. Like Lucy, Noam also loves privacy and no one knew about their relationship till they were spotted holding hands in New York City in August 2014.
Note – In August 2015, Lucy announced the birth of her son, Rockwell Lloyd who was born through surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Han Chinese origin.
- Feline Eyes
- Porcelain Skin Tone
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Lucy Liu has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Revlon and print ads for Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipstick and Revlon’s Hair Treatment products.
- SBC Internet service
- Suntory Diet Beer
She has been featured in print ads for the popular Lee Jeans.
Best Known For
- Being cast as one of the leading actresses in the action movie series, Charlie’s Angels (2000, 2003).
- Playing the role of Jessica Tang in the TNT crime drama series, Southland in 2012.
As a Singer
Lucy Liu has lent her voice for a number of Broadway productions.
Plus, she has sung in musicals too.
In 1992, Lucy made her film debut in the Cantonese crime drama flick, Rhythm of Destiny as Donna.
First TV Show
In 1991, Lucy made her first TV show appearance in Pass, Not Pass episode of drama TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210.
Lucy Liu swears by the benefits of Pilates. Pilates has played a big role in helping her feel longer and leaner. She has been working with Jared Kaplan, who runs eco-chic Studio 26 in New York City, for a very long time.
And, in case, she has a very busy work schedule, she performs a Pilates workout at her home using an exercise ball.
In the case of time crunch, she also relies on her home treadmill for her cardio needs. She runs at varying speed on the treadmill. She is also a big fan of spinning classes. Plus, she relies on meditation sessions for her emotional and mental wellbeing.
She drinks a shake made from bananas and berries only before noon.
In case, she is feeling really hungry, she eats a burrito with spinach, a fried egg, and tomatoes for breakfast.
Fish with steamed vegetables or salad are her preferred options for dinner.
If she has been standing all day, she doesn’t mind having pasta or veggie pizza. Overall, she believes in keeping her diet balanced and allows herself to cheat once in a while.
Lucy Liu Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Hair Products – Dr. Bronner’s All in One soap and Davines Shampoo, and Prawduct Shampoo
- Beauty Indulgences – Acupuncture
Lucy Liu Facts
- Lucy is multilingual and can converse in six languages with varying degree of ease. She is fluent in Mandarin, which is her first language and English, which she started speaking at the age of 5. She is far less fluent in Italian, Spanish, French, and Japanese.
- In her free time, she likes to head out for hiking. She also enjoys skiing, horseback riding and rock climbing in her leisure time.
- In 2000, she created her own small piece of history by becoming first Asian American female host of the TV series, Saturday Night Live.
- Before finding her feet in the film industry, she used to work as an aerobics instructor. She has also worked in the capacity of a waitress at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase Club.
- At the age of 21, she was discovered by an agent while she was using public subway metro.
- Lucy had initially auditioned for the role of Nelle Porter on the comedy TV series, Ally McBeal. The show producers created the character of Ling Woo especially for her. Originally, it was decided that her role in the popular FOX TV series would be temporary. However, the positive response from the audience led to her becoming a regular cast member.
- In 2005, the FHM magazine placed her on the 56th position in the list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”. In 2006, she was placed on 79th rank in the same list.
- In 2016, Harvard University declared her Artist of the Year. She was also honored with Harvard Foundation’s prestigious arts medal.
- As an artist, she has dabbled in collage making, photography, and paintings. Her painting Escape has been showcased at Montblanc’s Cutting Edge Art Collection.
- In September 2006, she donated proceeds from her art show to UNICEF. She hosted another show in Munich in 2008 for a similar purpose.
- Liu was made an ambassador for U.S. Fund for UNICEF in 2004. In her new role, she traveled to several countries such as Pakistan and Lesotho.
- In 2011, she was appointed as a spokeswoman for the Human Rights Campaign. She has also worked to spread awareness about malnutrition and iron deficiency among children in developing countries.
- The Empire magazine ranked her at 96th spot in the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list in 2007.
- In November 2011, she published her art book, Seventy-Two, which featured 72 of her ink and acrylic paintings. A part of the proceeds from book sales was donated to UNICEF.
- Visit her official website @ lucyliu.net.