|Keith Murray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Keith Murray is an American rapper who has published the studio albums The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World (1994), Enigma (1996), It’s a Beautiful Thing (1998), He’s Keith Murray (2003), Rap-Murr-Phobia (The Fear of Real Hip-Hop) (2007), Lord of the Metaphor (2018), and Lord of the Metaphor 2 (2019). He is also well recognized as a member of the hip hop trio Def Squad with whom he had released an album titled El Niño in 1998.
Keith Omar Murray
MC Do Damage
Yonkers, Westchester County, New York, United States
New York, United States
- Siblings – Christina Murray (Younger Sister) (d. February 27, 1998)
Rap, Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop
- MNRK Music Group
- Jive Records
- Def Jam Recordings
- BMG (Bertelsmann Music Group) Records
- Koch Records
Keith Murray’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keith has dated –
- Tammy Brook – Through his past relationship with publicist Tammy Brook, Keith has a daughter named Darly Murray.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed goatee
Keith Murray Facts
- Keith’s parents were both alcoholics and drug addicts. They had both died while he was a child. His youngest sister Christina had contracted HIV from their mother and had died at the age of 15.
- He had started his career as a member of a local rap collective in Long Island known as Legion of Doom (L.O.D.). He had started his career in the music industry under the stage name MC Do Damage but had later decided to revert to his birth name.
- In 1994, a friend of his had introduced to him Erick Sermon of the hip hop duo EPMD. Erick had included Keith in his album No Pressure on the single Hostile. Several critics had subsequently praised Keith’s lyrical ability which eventually led to him being signed up by Jive Records.
- Later that year, Jive Records had released his debut single titled The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World which was soon followed up by his debut solo album by the same name which was released to both critical acclaim and commercial success. The album was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in August 1995.
- In May 1995, he had been arrested after being accused of hitting a man with a barstool in a fight. He was initially released on bail but was sentenced to a prison term of 3 years in 1998. He had fled from the authorities until October 1998 after which he had surrendered himself to the police.
- Keith had claimed innocence in the assault case all through this time and had filed a lawsuit for wrongful conviction. He had later dropped the lawsuit in exchange for his sentence being reduced by 3 months. He had served the latter portion of his sentence in the Maple Street Halfway House facility and was released in May 2001.
- His 3rd solo studio album, titled It’s a Beautiful Thing, was released in 1998 while he was incarcerated.
Featured Image by Keith Murray / Instagram