|Emily Cox Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|February 23, 1985
Emily Cox is an Austrian actress and theatre artist who is best known for playing the role of a Saxon girl named Brida in the British historical fiction television series, The Last Kingdom, which premiered in 2015 on BBC America and BBC Two and later in 2018 on Netflix. Emily has also been a part of projects like The Silent Mountain, Jerks, Labaule & Erben, What Have We Done to Deserve This?, The Accidental Rebel, Die verlorene Tochter, Paul Kemp – Alles kein Problem, Großstadtrevier, The Dead and the Living, Eine königliche Affäre – Das riskante Leben des Leibarztes Johann Friedrich Struensee, Der Wien-Krimi: Blind ermittelt – Tod im Fiaker, and Head Full of Honey.
In 2003, Emily Cox graduated from high school (Matura). She then studied acting at Max Reinhardt Seminar, the School of Drama at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna, Austria.
Actress, Theatre Artist
- Father – He is a pianist.
- Mother – She is a pianist.
Emily Cox has been represented by –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Above the Line GmbH, Talent Agency, Munich, Germany
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Emily Cox has British roots on her father’s side and is of Irish descent on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Emily Cox Facts
- She was raised in Vienna.
- Her parents came to Vienna on a grant for musicians. They later divorced.
- Emily got interested in acting during her final year in high school when she performed in a play as part of her English classes.
- She has worked as a stage actor at the Theater in der Josefstadt in Vienna.
- She was cast as Anita, a resident, in the German horror film, Rammbock (also Rammbock: Berlin Undead and Siege of the Dead), in 2010.
- Emily Cox co-starred as Lisl Gruber in The Silent Mountain, a 2014 war drama film which is a love story set in the Dolomiti Mountains at the outbreak of World War I between Italy and Austria-Hungary in 1915.
- She appeared as Nanna in the 2014 Brazilian-German drama film, Futuro Beach (Portuguese: Praia do Futuro).
- In October 2015, Cox played the character named Claudia in an episode titled Why Is This Night Different? of the American espionage thriller television series, Homeland.
Featured Image by Emily Cox / Instagram