|Emory Cohen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1990|
Emory Cohen is an American actor who rose to fame for his portrayal of AJ Cross in The Place Beyond the Pines (2012), Tony Fiorello in Brooklyn (2015), and Homer in The OA (2016).
Emory Isaac Cohen
New York City, New York, United States
Emory studied at the Robert F. Wagner, Jr. Secondary School for Arts and Technology under the guidance of Alma Whitney and Oskar Sarasky.
Later, in 2008, he graduated from Elisabeth Irwin High School with a scholarship to study at the University of Arts in Philadelphia, where he studied acting for 2 years before quitting and moving to New York to continue his acting career.
- Father – Noel Cohen (Music Teacher)
- Mother – Donna Ackerman (Director)
- Others – Murray Ackerman (Maternal Grandfather), Sophie Wallman (Maternal Grandmother)
Emory is represented by Harvest Talent and Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Emory has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- His high hairline
- Thick eyebrows
Emory Cohen Facts
- His mother Donna is the director of a preschool.
- Emory was raised in a Jewish household.
- His ancestors moved to New York from Russia in the past. He is a 4th generation New Yorker.
- Emory made his debut in theater as the character of Mr. Peachum in a school production of The Threepenny Opera.
- In 2008, Cohen made his first feature film appearance as Trevor in Afterschool.
- He rose to fame with his character of Leo Houston, the son of actress Debra Messing who played the role of Julia Houston in Smash (2012-2013).
- Emory was listed in Forbes‘s “30 Under 30 2017: Hollywood & Entertainment” list.