|Ethan Cutkosky Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1999|
Ethan Cutkosky is an actor from Illinois, United States. He started his career in 2003, at the age of 4 by acting in commercials. He gained national recognition for his role as Carl Gallagher in the Showtime comedy series Shameless. Ethan has also appeared in The Unborn, Conviction, etc.
Ethan Frances Cutkosky
He was given the above nickname while filming the movie, The Unborn (2009) because he tried to do everything in one take.
St. Charles, Illinois, U.S.
Ethan went to Thompson Middle School in St. Charles. He also attended Bell-Graham Elementary.
- Father – David Cutkosky (Software Engineer)
- Mother – Yvonne Cutkosky (Teacher)
- Others – Whitey Cutkosky (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Lee “Maggie” Eaton (Paternal Grandmother), Sergio Cabrera (Maternal Grandfather), Virginia Padron (Maternal Grandmother)
Gray Talent Group, Inc based in Chicago
5 ft 5.5 in or 166 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ethan has dated –
- Brielle Barbusca (2015-Present) – Ethan started dating actress Brielle Barbusca, who is famous for her movie The Starter Wife, in 2015. The relationship was earlier just a rumor but the stars later confessed about their love. The two stars, Ethan and Brielle think that when they are together every place is a happy place.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish, English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Mexican descent on his mother’s side.
- A perfect face
- Sly smile
He has advertised in the commercials for –
- American Family Insurance
- Devos Children Memorial Hospital
The print media ads include Scott Foresman academic material, Essanay Studios, Alter Image Photography, McDonald’s and Black Box Studios.
He also supports social causes which include –
- Dream Loud Official – Ethan encourages the promotion of arts and music in schools.
- Anti Coke Campaign – He vociferously states that children should not be allowed to do drugs even if they wish so.
Best Known For
His role in the movie Shameless (2009) where he played a psychopath who mutilates toys and harms stray animals.
In 2007, Ethan got his first role in a theatrical movie called Fred Claus as Carl. When Ethan got this movie, he was just 7 years old. The movie was filmed at Michigan Avenue. But, his role is uncredited in the movie.
His credited film appearance was in the supernatural horror film The Unborn as Barto in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2011, Ethan started appearing on the show called Shameless. He was 11 when the show started and he literally grew up during the filming. The show became the most viewed and the most watched with 1.86 million viewers in Season 8.
Ethan is active and has great exercise methods going for him. He is outdoorsy and he started learning martial arts at the age of 4. Also, he has a second-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
He keeps himself active in many activities including skateboarding.
Ethan Cutkosky Favorite Things
- Sport – Basketball
Source – Twitter
Ethan Cutkosky Facts
- He was once arrested as the police suspected that he could be driving under the influence of marijuana at an unsafe speed with unsafe turning movement. The actor was asked to attend either 26 Narcotics Anonymous Sessions or a 12-hour class. The matter was solved with the help of a plea agreement.
- He has brought up his own collection of merchandise which includes stickers, mugs, cushions and more.
- Ethan’s personal signature style which makes him popular with all the directors is being able to maintain a straight expressionless face for his roles.
- He is an animal lover with numerous pets.
- He is a member of SAG AFTRA union.
- Ethan leads an active lifestyle. When not acting, he prefers doing Tae Kwon Do, plays baseball and soccer. He is also into skateboarding.
- Ethan is extraordinary not just in the sense that he is a brilliant actor, but also because he possesses a great memory and has a great grasp of things.
- Emma Kenney and Emmy Rossum, both are his on-set sisters. They have worked together in Shameless.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Moses Morales / YouTube