|Kelly Killoren Bensimon Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|May 1, 1968
Kelly Killoren Bensimon is an American television personality, real estate agent, author, and former model who is best known for being a full-time cast member on the TV series, The Real Housewives of New York City from seasons 2 to season 4. She has done modeling work for popular brands such as Clarins and Bloomingdale’s and has been featured in a variety of magazines such as Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cosmopolitan. Kelly is also the owner of a fragrance line called In the Spirit of, an outerwear line called Enville by Pologeorgis, and a candle line called Baiser Rose.
Kelly Jean Killoren
Rockford, Illinois, United States
She is based in New York City.
Kelly Bensimon attended Keith Country Day School in Rockford, Illinois before attending college. She later went to Trinity College, Connecticut. However, she dropped out after merely a year. She then got enrolled at Columbia University’s School of General Studies from where she graduated in 1988 with a degree in literature and writing.
Later, she got admission at Northeastern University to pursue MBA with a specialization in International Marketing.
Model, entrepreneur, author, TV personality
- Father – Her father was a lawyer.
- Siblings – She has a twin brother.
Kelly Bensimon is represented by Los Angeles-based ICM Partners.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Bensimon has dated
- Gilles Bensimon (1997-2007) – Kelly got married to fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon in 1997. In 1998, she gave birth to their first daughter, Sea Louise. She later revealed in a TV interview that she struggled with postpartum depression, which continued on and off for two years till she became pregnant with her second daughter. She gave birth to her second daughter, Thaddeus Ann (aka Teddy) in 2000. They eventually decided to go separate ways in 2007.
- Alejandro Lorenzo (2014) – In the spring of 2014, Bensimon started going out with Alejandro Lorenzo. They were spotted together on numerous occasions on romantic outings over the next few months. However, their relationship didn’t survive beyond the end of 2014.
- Alex Rodriguez (2021-Present) – In November 2021, she was rumored to be in a flirty text relationship with the retired baseball player, Alex Rodriguez, already from a couple of months.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and toned figure
- Broad smile
- Sharp jawline
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
- Kelly Bensimon was appointed an ambassador of Spring 2007 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- In 2006, as part of Test Marketing Productions, she was made spokesperson of Wool.
- She also served as the face of French cosmetics and skincare brand, Clarins.
Bensimon is a devoted Catholic.
In fact, she considers the acceptance of her daughters in the Catholic Church as the proudest moment of her life.
Best Known For
- Having appeared on the popular reality TV series, The Real Housewives of New York City.
- Having modeled and posed for popular publications such as Playboy, Shape, Elle, Cosmopolitan, and GQ.
In 2014, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the fantasy-horror movie, Innocence.
First TV Show
In 2007, Kelly made her first TV show appearance in the news series Fashion News Live.
Kelly Bensimon used to rely on running to keep herself fit and trim. However, after her eldest daughter got her to go with her to SoulCycle classes, she was blown away with its benefits and gave up running.
She felt that she was getting better results with fewer SoulCycle classes than she was getting from her running sessions. Within a few weeks, her body had become more toned. Plus, she found that SoulCycle workout sessions were easier on her body and she didn’t look overworked out any longer.
As per her diet, she absolutely loves Caesar Salad. Kelly makes sure that she orders salad dressing on the side. In case, she feels hungry in between meals, she snacks on dehydrated fruit.
Kelly Bensimon Favorite Things
- Food – Caesar Salad
- Meal – Fried calamari and guacamole with chips
- Best Beauty Trick – Apply baby oil on the legs before taking a shower. It makes legs look stunning in a short dress.
- Celebrity Crush – Jason Segel
- Celebrity with Best Body – Kellan Lutz
- Body Part – Smile
- Most Valuable Human Trait – Loyalty
- Boutique – Calypso, a clothing store in SoHo
- Running Shoes – Adidas F50 Running Shoes
- Nail Polish – Essie Polish in Bachelorette Bash
- Candies – Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
Kelly Bensimon Facts
- She has formerly worked as an editor of Elle Accessories. She was also the founding editor of the magazine but left her post just after two editions.
- She is an editor-at-large for Gotham Magazine and Hamptons Magazine. She has also written multiple books including The Bikini Book, In the Spirit of the Hamptons, and American Style.
- She had written the book American Style in 2004 for Anna Wintour and the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Kelly has created her exclusive jewelry range, Kelly by Kelly Killoren Bensimon. The jewelry range was so popular that she later launched multiple collections. It has been sold at Wink, W hotels, Intermix Stores, and Dash.
- In March 2009, Kelly was arrested after her ex-boyfriend accused her of domestic violence and assault. She later entered into a plea agreement and was required to perform 2 days of community service.
- In 2013, she launched her fragrance, In the Spirit of. She also launched her candle line under the label of Baiser Rose in 2013.
- In 2019, Kelly launched her outerwear line, Enville by Pologeorgis.
- In June 2016, Kelly published her first novel, A Dangerous Age, which was published by Simon and Schuster. The novel was set in art and publishing world.
- She was discovered at the age of 15 while participating in a modeling contest organized by Elite Agency. The popular model Cindy Crawford also participated in the same contest.
- She decided that she wanted to become a model while reading a magazine. Her brother took her polaroid pictures in their backyard and after seeing these pictures, she was invited to the Elite Modeling Contest.
- As she claims herself, she is not good at dancing.
- Kelly always keeps her bikini and running shoes in her car.
- Kris Jenner had told her about using social media to her advantage.
- She doesn’t use any swear words or curse words because her father told her at a young age to use better words.
- Kelly can speak French.
- Snapping and whistling are her hidden talents.
- She is passionate about gum chewing. Her physical trainer once suggested her to chew gum during stress.
- Kelly’s first modeling job was for Tyson chicken.
- She is obsessed with Harry Styles.
- She attended her first concert in 1982 of Prince in Rockford, Illinois.
- Her daughter Thaddeus’s vegan peanut butter cookies are her weakness.
- As a real estate agent, she works for Douglas Elliman in NYC, The Hamptons, Florida, and Paris.
- At Douglas Elliman, she had sold $100 million worth of properties in 2021 alone.
- She has suffered from psoriasis her entire life.
- While walking the runway during the Louis Vuitton fashion show in Paris, Pharrell Williams once winked at her.
- She loves the ice-hockey team New York Rangers.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY 2.0