|Alex Rodriguez Quick Info
|6 ft 1½ in
|Date of Birth
|July 27, 1975
Alex Rodriguez is an American former professional baseball shortstop and third baseman as well as a businessman and philanthropist who played 22 seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB), playing 7 seasons with Seattle Mariners, 3 seasons with the Texas Rangers, and 12 seasons with the New York Yankees. A career record holder for grand slams with 25, he also earned a total of $441.3 million over his MLB career, the most in the history of baseball. Moreover, Alex Rodriguez has served as the chairman and CEO of A-Rod Corp as well as the chairman of Presidente beer.
Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez
A-Rod, Pay Rod, E-Rod, A-Fraud
New York City, New York, United States
Rodriguez maintains his permanent base at his contemporary-style house in Coral Gables, Florida.
Alex Rodriguez studied at the Christopher Columbus High School in Miami. After the end of his freshmen year, he moved to Westminster Christian School.
After graduating from high school, Alex had signed a letter of intent to join the University of Miami. They wanted him to also play college baseball with them. However, he decided against playing college baseball and opted to start his professional MLB career.
Former Professional Baseball Player, Businessman, Philanthropist
- Father – Victor Rodriguez
- Mother – Lourdes Rodriguez
- Siblings – Joseph Rodriguez (Older Maternal Half-Brother), Victor M. Rodriguez (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Suzy Rodriguez (Older Maternal Half-Sister)
- Others – Andres Rodriguez Varona (Paternal Grandfather), Zenovia Marcano Rodriguez (Paternal Grandmother)
Alex Rodriguez has been represented by Dan Lozano.
He was previously represented by high-profile baseball agent, Scott Boras.
Shortstop, third baseman
3 – Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers
13 – New York Yankees
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Rodriguez has dated –
- Bethenny Frankel – Alex reportedly went out with TV personality Bethenny Frankel in the past. Their link-up was confirmed by Frankel herself during her appearance in a talk show, Watch What Happens during which she revealed that they went out for a couple of dates.
- Cynthia Scurtis (2002-2008) – Alex started going out with psychology graduate Cynthia Scurtis after having first met each other at a Miami-based gym. They eventually got married in 2002. She gave birth to a girl, Natasha Alexandra in November 2004. Right from the start, their relationship was blighted with rumors of Alex having affairs outside of the marriage. In 2007, they reportedly separated as she had enough of his wandering ways. However, they got back together. In April 2008, she gave birth to a daughter, Ella Alexander in Miami. However, their marriage didn’t last long as she filed for divorce in July 2008. In her divorce papers, she cited his constant extra-marital affairs and misconduct. Rodriguez responded by asking the court to remove allegations of extra-marital affairs from court records. As part of the divorce settlement, he gave her their $12 million mansion.
- Joslyn Morse (2007) – In 2007, he had hooked up with Toronto-based stripper Joslyn Morse while he was with his team in town for the MLB match. He had dinner with her, went to the strip club, before taking her to his room at the hotel, his team was staying in.
- Madonna (2008) – During the last months of his marriage to Cynthia, it was rumored that Alex was having an affair with singer and pop icon, Madonna. They had been spotted holidaying in Mexico City during the weekend. It was claimed that it was their affair that ended Cynthia’s patience with his antics. However, Madonna released a public statement insisting that she wasn’t romantically involved with the iconic baseball player.
- Kate Hudson (2009) – A-Rod started going out with actress Kate Hudson in the summer of 2009. However, their relationship didn’t manage to limp into the following year. Some reports claimed that Kate was miffed by the fact that he was still in touch with his former girlfriend Madonna and was regularly talking to her. Other tabloids claimed that Rodriguez wasn’t impressed with her attention-seeking antics. She wanted to be the center of attention at Yankees’ matches.
- Cameron Diaz (2010-2011) – The rumors of Alex dating actress and model Cameron Diaz first started circulating in the spring of 2010. Their relationship was eventually confirmed in July 2010. The most memorable moment of their relationship came at Super Bowl XLV as she was seen on camera feeding him popcorn. In June 2011, it was reported that Alex had dumped her. Cameron was hurt and betrayed as he had tried hard to please him. She felt that she had gone overboard.
- Torrie Wilson (2011-2015) – Rodriguez started going out with WWE diva Torrie Wilson towards the end of 2011. They made their relationship public by going on a double date with Cindy Crawford and husband Rande Gerber at the Lakers game. They were seen kissing on a couple of occasions at the match. A couple of days earlier, they had gone with Cindy, Randy, George Clooney, and Wilson’s WWE pal Stacy Keibler for vacations to Cabo over the holidays period. Their relationship came to an end after three years in February 2015. Wilson was frustrated with his reluctance to settle down. Also, she wasn’t impressed with him having a close equation with his former wife Cynthia.
- Demi Moore (2012) – Actress and model Demi Moore was liked by Rodriguez in July 2012 after she had dinner with him and two others. Later that year, she was also spotted at a party thrown at his house. She had reportedly twerked at the party, prompting her then-boyfriend Vito Schnabel to dump her.
- Anne Wojcicki (2016-2017) – The pictures of Rodriguez hanging out with his new flame, Anne Wojcicki, a biologist and billionaire entrepreneur, first surfaced in March 2016. In February 2017, it was revealed that they had separated with some sources claiming that they had ended the relationship some time ago. It was claimed that as they had nothing in common, it was difficult for them to sustain their relationship. In November 2017, Anne’s mother claimed that A-Rod wasn’t smart enough for her daughter.
- Jennifer Lopez (2017-2021) – The reports of Rodriguez dating singer and actress Jennifer Lopez first started filtering in February 2017. Due to his reputation for being a womanizer, she was very cautious about their relationship. He confirmed their relationship during his appearance on the morning talk show, The View. They made their first red carpet appearance as a couple in May 2017 at MET Gala. They had also met each other’s children with Rodriguez looking very comfortable around her twins Emme and Max. She also seemed to have a good equation with his daughters Natasha and Ella. Giving their relationship approximately two years to understand each other, they got engaged in March 2019. They also planned to marry but due to the coronavirus pandemic, they had to postpone it twice. In March 2021, it was falsely reported that the couple had decided to call it quits and had ended their engagement. They were very much together. However, in April 2021, they officially confirmed the reports of their breakup.
- Madison LeCroy (2021) – After his breakup with Jennifer Lopez, it was reported that Alex was dating actress Madison LeCroy and had allegedly cheated on Jennifer with Madison. However, she denied all such claims.
- Kelly Killoren Bensimon (2021) – In November 2021, he was rumored to be in a flirty text relationship with TV personality, Kelly Killoren Bensimon for a couple of months.
- Kathryne Padgett (2022) – Alex was first linked with Kathryne Padgett in January 2022 and the couple was later spotted together several times. In September 2022, it was reported that they had broken up after dating for a few months.
- Jac Cordeiro (2022-Present) – In December 2022, Alex confirmed his relationship with Jac Cordeiro through an Instagram post. The couple was first spotted together in October 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
On both his parents’ sides, he has Dominican ancestry.
- Short trimmed hair
- Hazel colored eyes
Alex Rodriguez has appeared in TV commercials for the following –
- Armour Hot Dog
- Radio Shack
- SpeedStick 24/7 Anti-Perspirant
- Pepsi Cola
- Guitar Hero World Tour
He has also been featured in print adverts for SpeedStick 24/7 Anti-Perspirant.
He had once thought of converting to Buddhism.
Best Known For
- His highly successful and legendary career with Major League Baseball, which lasted for 22 seasons. He turned out for high-profile teams such as New York Yankees and Seattle Mariners.
- Having taken performance-enhancing drugs on multiple occasions
- Having worked as a broadcaster with Fox Sports 1
First MLB Match
Rodriguez made his professional baseball debut in 1994 while playing for the Appleton Foxes in the Class A Midwest League.
First TV Show
In 1996, Alex Rodriguez made his first TV show appearance in the popular comedy talk show, Late Show with David Letterman.
Alex Rodriguez works out at the TruFusion gym to keep his fitness levels up. He was so impressed with the gym that he has even become a major investor in the gym chain. He is particularly a big fan of their Tru Barefoot Bootcamp.
The workout focuses on mobility, resilience, and endurance, and is a mixture of yoga and Pilates with some movement drills and kettlebell exercises thrown in the mix. Also, the workout is done in a special room in which the temperature reaches a heat index of 120 degrees.
Alex Rodriguez Favorite Things
- Baseball Player – Dale Murphy, Keith Hernandez, and Cal Ripken Jr.
- MLB Team – New York Mets
Source – Wikipedia
Alex Rodriguez Facts
- When he was 4 years old, his family moved back to the Dominican Republic. About 4 years later, they returned to the United States and settled in Miami.
- In 1999, he was included by People Magazine in their list featuring 50 Most Beautiful People.
- He is the first player in MLB history to win 25 grand slams in a professional MLB career.
- While studying in high school, he also used to play as a quarterback on the school football team.
- While in high school, he was declared Gatorade’s national baseball student-athlete of the year. He was also named the USA Baseball Junior Player of the Year.
- In 1993, he created history by becoming the first high school player to be invited to a tryout with the United States national baseball team.
- In 1993, the Seattle Mariners picked him as the first overall selection in the MLB draft. His contract with Mariners was worth $1.3 million and he also got a $1 million signing bonus.
- In 2000, Alex became the first MLB player to sign a contract worth more than $250 million. He was signed up by Texas Rangers on a 10-year contract that was worth $252 million.
- When he moved to New York Yankees, he couldn’t wear his favorite 3 number jersey as the MLB team had retired number 3 in honor of legendary Babe Ruth.
- In 2007, he signed another contract with a value upwards of $250 million as New York Yankees decided to retain him with a 10-year contract worth $275 million. The contract also offered him millions in incentives for crossing milestones.
- In February 2009, Rodriguez was tested positive for the anabolic steroid Primobolan and testosterone in 2003. Alex eventually accepted that he had taken steroids from 2001 to 2003.
- In 2009, an MRI revealed that he had a cyst on his right hip. When he went for a medical procedure to drain the cyst, it was found that he had a torn labrum in the same hip, which was repaired with an arthroscopic procedure.
- In 2003, he decided to donate $3.9 million to the University of Miami for the baseball stadium renovation. The subsequently developed facility was named Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.
- Although he never attended the University of Miami, he was still awarded the Edward T. Foote II Alumnus of Distinction Award as an honorary alumnus in 2007.
- He has been made a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Miami.
- In August 2007, Alex became the youngest player in MLB history to hit 500 home runs. He also became the youngest player to hit 600 home runs in August 2010.
- In his free time, he likes to buy and collect art.
- He used to be an owner of a Mercedes-Benz dealership, which was set up in League City, Texas.
- He was friends with the late basketball legend Kobe Bryant.
- He has invested in the NRG eSports, which is a California based eSports organization.
- In August 2013, he was suspended for 211 games by MLB for his involvement in the Biogenesis baseball scandal. The suspension was eventually reduced to 162 games.
- When he agreed to trade between Texan Rangers and New York Yankees, the Rangers had to pay him $67 million of the $179 million left on his lucrative contract.
- He holds the distinction of being the first Hispanic origin player to hit 696 home runs. He is also the first New York City-born player to have hit that mark.
- During the 2020 Presidential Election, he had endorsed Joe Biden along with JLo.
- For Halloween 2020, Alex dressed up as a legendary singer, Bruce Springsteen.
- In July 2022, Alex was #4 on the list of celebrities causing the most private jet pollution as per the data released by sustainability marketing agency Yard and celebrity jet tracker CelebJets.
- In May 2023, Alex was diagnosed with early-stage gum disease.
Featured Image by Alex Rodriguez / Instagram