|Ethel Cain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1998|
Ethel Cain is an American singer, songwriter, musician, artist, producer, performer, and model. Her discography consists of various albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Preacher’s Daughter, Carpet Bed, Golden Age, Inbred, Housofpsychoticwomn, Colossus, Unreleased, Unpunishable, Unreleased II, Bruises, Michelle Pfeiffer (ft. Lil Aaron), Crush, Gibson Girl, Strangers, American Teenager, Fear No Plague, God’s Country (ft. Wicca Phase Springs Eternal), Famous Last Words (An Ode to Eaters), Arcane Vessels, Sad Music for Sad People, Hospital Beds, Away From U, Saddle Up!, Drain Me, and White Van.
Hayden Silas Anhedönia
Ethel Cain, Atlas, White Silas, Miss Anhedonia, Tommy
Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Ethel Cain was homeschooled her entire life. Also, she has studied classical piano.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Artist, Producer, Performer, Model
- Father – He was a Southern Baptist deacon.
- Siblings – She has 3 younger siblings.
Ethereal Wave, Lo-fi, Ambient, Dream Pop, Slowcore, Gospel, Alternative Rock, Rock, Folk, Americana
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Daughters of Cain, AWAL
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Reportedly, she is transgender and bis*xual.
She was 12 years old when she came out as gay to her family.
She publicly came out as a trans woman on her 20th birthday.
Reflecting on her journey, Cain once recalled: “It was made clear to everyone that I was not like other people. Whenever I started to develop, I started to come into my own as a trans woman. We were a house divided—it was me versus my whole town.”
Sports several tattoos
She was raised as a Southern Baptist but left the church at the age of 16.
In a 2021 interview, she stated that she still considers herself a Southern Baptist, saying: “Whether I like it or not, God always has and always will be a huge part of my life. Whether He’s being used as a comforting figure or a threat, I’ve always been surrounded by it. It’s not really something you can walk away from. And I’d rather just sit with it than be like ‘F*ck the church!'”
In a 2022 Tumblr post, she stated that she neither considers herself a Christian nor someone who cares about religion but she “still abides by the values [she] was raised on.”
Ethel Cain Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Perry, Florida.
- Ever she she was young, she got involved in the church choir.
- She was 8 years old when she started studying classical piano.
- Ethel Cain grew up in a religious household.
- On May 12, 2022, she released her debut studio album Preacher’s Daughter via her own label called Daughters of Cain Records and its tracklist includes songs such as American Teenager, A House in Nebraska, Western Nights, Family Tree, Hard Times, August Underground, Strangers, Gibson Girl, Sun Bleached Flies and others. Gorilla vs. Bear listed the album as one of the best albums of the year so far in June 2022.
- Some of her early musical influences included Karen Carpenter, the Steve Miller Band, and a variety of Christian music.
- Some of Ethel Cain’s sources of inspiration include gospel music, country music, classic rock, and alternative music.
- In July 2023, she deleted her Twitter account and stated in an interview that “[she doesn’t] want to have all of [her] personal business and every innermost thought just out there on the internet for the world to see”. She also added that some fan behavior had affected her relationship with friends and family.
- Ethel Cain revealed in an interview for Rolling Stone in August 2023 that all of her family have since left the church but clarified that they are still religious in some ways.
- She is autistic.
Featured Image by u/ishouldgooutmore / Reddit / CC BY 4.0 DEED