|Ezra Furman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1986|
Ezra Furman is an American musician, singer, and songwriter who served as the lead singer and guitarist of the 4-piece rock band Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, which released albums like Inside the Human Body, Banging Down the Doors, Beat Beat Beat, and Mysterious Power. In addition to that, Ezra has also worked on other albums, extended plays, and songs such as The Year of No Returning, Perpetual Motion People, Jam in the Van, Transangelic Exodus, Driving Down to LA, Twelve Nudes, Restless Year, Day of the Dog, Big Fugitive Life, Songs by Others, Calm down aka I Should Not Be Alone, Lousy Connection, and Unbelievers. Her work also includes the soundtrack for the Netflix series S*x Education.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Ezra Furman attended the Rabbinical School of Hebrew College in Newton, Massachusetts, starting in Fall 2021.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Jonah (Younger Brother) (Lead singer and bassist of the Boston-based rock band Krill), Noah (Older Brother) (Visual artist who designed the cover of the Harpoons album Banging Down The Doors)
Art Pop, Rock and Roll, Alternative Pop, Indie Pop, Indie Folk, Indie Rock, Psychedelic Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica
Bar/None Records, Bella Union
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Ezra Furman has a child.
Race / Ethnicity
Ezra came out as a transgender woman in late April 2021.
Their father is from a Jewish family and their mother converted to Judaism. Ezra has planned to become a Rabbi.
Ezra Furman Facts
- Ezra uses she/her/they/them pronouns.
- Ezra Furman & The Harpoons‘ first officially released album titled Banging Down the Doors was released in 2007 and it consisted of songs like Hotel Room In Casablanca, God Is A Middle-Aged Woman, I Wanna Be A Sheep, American Highway, The Little Red-Haired Girl, My Soul Has Escaped From My Body, Mother’s Day, I Wanna Be Ignored, How Long, Diana?, and I Dreamed Of Moses.
- As a solo artist, she released her first album The Year of No Returning in 2012.
- On August 30, 2019, Ezra Furman released her 5th solo studio album Twelve Nudes via Bella Union. It comprised of songs like I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend, Trauma, Calm Down aka I Should Not Be Alone, My Teeth Hurt, Blown, and Thermometer. The album was ranked at number #21 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #49 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #95 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart.
- Ezra made a cameo appearance in episode 7 of the first season of the British comedy-drama streaming television series S*x Education in 2019.
Featured Image by Paul Hudson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0