|Fan Bingbing Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1981|
Fan Bingbing is an internationally-renowned actress, model, TV producer, and pop singer of Chinese origin who shot up to fame after appearing in the TV series My Fair Princess. She also topped the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list consecutively in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and has also been rated in the top 10 every year since 2006. She is also one of China’s highly paid and most influential actresses and singers. Later, she began working in mainland China with Huayi Brothers and has appeared with them in a number of Chinese TV shows. She is extremely popular on social media as she has more than 4 million followers on Instagram and over 400k followers on Facebook.
Qingdao, Shandong, China
Bingbing graduated from Shanghai Xie Jin Film and Television Art College and Shanghai Theatre Academy.
Actress, Model, Singer, TV Producer
- Father – Fan Tao
- Mother – Zhang Chuanmei
- Siblings – Fan Chengcheng (Younger Brother)
- Others – Zhang Tingde (Maternal Grandfather)
She is represented by Creative Artists Agency (Talent and Literary Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States.
She has been signed with –
- Fan Bingbing Studio
- Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bingbing has dated –
- Li Chen (2015-2019) – Bingbing and Chinese actor Li Chen started dating in 2015. In the mid months of 2015, Li announced through social media that he and Bingbing were in a relationship. They got engaged on September 16, 2017, when Li proposed the actress at her birthday celebration. In June 2019, Fan publicly revealed on her Weibo about their separation.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Han Chinese descent.
- Petite body
- Shiny black hair
She has appeared in the following TV commercials –
- Adidas Originals ‘My Way’ (2017)
- Evony: The King’s Return (The Mobile Game) (2017)
- Suntory Oolong Tea
- L’Oreal ‘Five reasons
- Magnum ice cream
She has endorsed the following brands through her Instagram account –
- Louis Vuitton
Fan has also served as the global ambassador for the following brands –
- gReFa Beauty Care Tools
- De Beers
- King Power
Best Known For
- Appearing in various TV shows and films such as My Fair Princess (1998-1999), Cell Phone (2003), Lost in Beijing (2007), Buddha Mountain (2011), Double Xposure (2012), and I Am Not Madame Bovary (2016)
- Winning various awards including the Golden Horse Film Award, China Film Director’s Guild Award, China TV Drama Award, and Asian Film Award
Bingbing released her debut studio album Just Begun on November 21, 2005, via Warner Music Beijing Co., Ltd.
She made her theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film, Yi jian zhong qing, in 2002.
First TV Show
Bingbing made her first TV show appearance as Jin Suo on the action drama romantic series, My Fair Princess, in 1998.
Fan Bingbing Facts
- She secured a spot in the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list consecutively in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Bingbing is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world and has persistently been making appearances on the red carpets, movie premieres, and fashion shows, proving herself as a fashion and style icon as well.
- She has graced the covers of various popular magazines including Gala Croisette, Marie Claire, Grazia, Vogue China, and Bazaar China.
- On July 28, 2018, a Chinese newspaper reported that she was prohibited from leaving the country but it proved out to be a rumor.
- In 2000, she became a part of a company which was owned by Wang Jinghua, who was also an artists manager in mainland China.
- In the last months of 2000, Wang acquired the position of manager at Huayi Brothers Media Corporation and following the footsteps of Wang, Fan signed a 6-year contract with Huayi.
- In February 2007, she left Huayi Brothers and established her own studio called Fan Bingbing Studio.
- Bingbing has also started an art school in Huairou, Beijing, and has also worked as its principal but later, it was reported that the school was actually run by her parents.
- Fan has also served as a leader of the acting team of West Movie Group’s arts center.
- In April 2010, she was rated #1 on the 50 Most Beautiful People in China list by the newspaper, Beijing News.
- Bingbing attended the opening ceremony of the 65th Cannes Film Festival as the only East Asian global spokesperson (as a representative of L’Oreal Paris) on May 16, 2018.
- Fan acquired the title of the 1st Asian celebrity ambassador for the Champagne House Moët & Chandon and also became the brand ambassador for Chopard.
- On December 9, 2013, the Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group‘s B2C business, Taobao, made a statement that Bingbing had surpassed the list of the most valuable celebrities for uplifting online business and also stated that Fan made an impact of nearly US$74 million in sales on its e-commerce website.
- She became the 1st actress from China who was given the honor to join the Barbie global celebrity Hall of Fame.
- The famous brand, Louis Vuitton, selected Fan as the 1st Asian actress to be given the provision of a specially tailored dress for their red carpet.
- Bingbing appeared in the action-comedy, Skiptrace, alongside Jackie Chan and the American actor, Johnny Knoxville, in 2016, which got her the Best Supporting Actress Award at the 1st Golden Screen Awards.
- In 2017, Fan was listed in the Time 100 list of Most Influential People of 2017.
- She was rated on Vanity Fair‘s International Best Dressed list of 2015 and 2016.
- Follow Fan Bingbing on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Fan Bingbing / Instagram