|Michael Bradley Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1987|
Michael Bradley is an American professional soccer player who is best known for his career as a midfielder and as the captain of the Toronto FC in Major League Soccer. He formerly captained the United States national team. He had also played for teams like MetroStars, Heerenveen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Roma, and Chievo in the past. During the course of his career, Michael has won several tournaments such as Supporters’ Shield, Canadian Championship, CONCACAF Gold Cup, Coppa Italia, and has been the recipient of honors like “U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year”, Fútbol de Primera‘s “Player of the Year”, “Red Patch Boys Player of the Year”.
Michael Sheehan Bradley
Michael Bradley, The General
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Michael attended IMG Academy in the period from 2002 until 2004.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Bob Bradley (Soccer Coach)
- Mother – Lindsay Bradley
- Siblings – Ryan Bradley (Sister), Kerry Bradley (Sister)
Michael is signed with Football Company Srl.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2011, Michael Bradley is married to Amanda Barletta with whom he has a son Luca (b. September 30, 2012) and a daughter Quinn Elle (b. November 17, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Specific green eyes
- Blonde beard
Bradley has appeared in TV commercials for US soccer team, Volpi Foods, and MLS (Major League Soccer).
Best Known For
Playing for the United States and for playing in the MLS (Major League Soccer).
First Soccer Match
Bradley played his first match for SC Heerenveen on April 16, 2006 against AZ Alkmaar.
On September 20, 2008, Michael debuted for Borussia Monchengladbach in a loss to Hertha Berlin.
On February 12, 2011, Bradley had his debut for Aston Villa.
Bradley’s first start for Chievo came on September 18, 2011.
He debuted for AC Roma on July 17, 2012, in a 2-1 win over Rapid Wien.
On March 15, 2014, Michael first performed for Toronto FC in a 2-1 victory against Seattle Sounders FC.
Bradley achieved his first international cap on May 26, 2006, in a game against Venezuela.
- Through balls
- Defensive contribution
- Long Shot
- Aerial Duels
Michael Bradley Facts
- Michael’s father Bob coached USA’s national soccer team in the past. He was also a coach at Princeton University.
- At the time when his father worked at Princeton University, Michael and the rest of Bradley’s family lived in Pennington, New Jersey.
- During his teens, Bradley lived in Palatine, Illinois.
- At the age of 16, Michael signed a Project-40 deal with MLS and turned pro.
- He was selected as the 36th overall pick by the MetroStars in the 2004 MLS SuperDraft.
- When Bradley signed with Heerenveen in 2006, he was the youngest MLS player to be sold outside of the US.
- On August 31, 2008, Michael transferred to Borussia Monchengladbach and penned a four-year contract for an unknown price.
- He was sent on a loan to Aston Villa on January 31, 2011.
- Bradley shifted to the Italian team Chievo on August 31, 2011.
- On July 16, 2012, Michael officially signed a four-year deal with AC Roma worth €3.75 million.
- His nickname “The General” was given to him by local fans while he played for Chievo.
- He agreed on a $10 million deal with Toronto FC on January 9, 2014.
- Michael is fluent in Italian, German, Spanish, and Dutch.
- He is right-footed.