|Rafinha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rafinha is a Brazilian professional footballer who is best known for his career as a central or attacking midfielder for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain. In the past, he has also been a part of teams like Barcelona, Celta, Inter Milan, and Real Sociedad. During the course of his career, he has won tournaments like La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Coupe de France, Toulon Tournament, and has received honors such as La Liga‘s “Breakthrough Player” and La Liga‘s “Player of the Month”.
Rafael Alcântara do Nascimento
São Paulo, Brazil
- Father – Mazinho Alcantara (Former Footballer who won the 1994 FIFA World Cup)
- Mother – Valeria Nascimento (Former Volleyball Player)
- Siblings – Thiago Alcantara (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Rodrigo Moreno Machado (Cousin) (Professional Footballer)
Rafael is signed with Mondial Sport.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156½ lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Portuguese ancestry.
- Short stature
Best Known For
Being part of the FC Barcelona’s team which won the 2014-2015 UEFA Champions League and the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 La Liga trophy.
First Football Match
Rafinha debuted for Barcelona B on January 8, 2011 in a 1-2 loss against Girona FC.
He had his debut for Barcelona’s first team on November 9, 2011 in a 1-0 victory over CE L’Hospitalet.
Rafael played his first match for Celta de Vigo on August 19, 2013 in a 1-1 draw against RCD Espanyol.
On September 5, 2015, Rafael achieved his first cap for the senior national team of Brazil in a friendly match against Costa Rica.
- He joined the youth team of FC Barcelona when he was 13.
- Rafinha scored his first professional goal in a match against UD Salamanca.
- On June 27, 2013, Rafael extended his contract with FC Barcelona until 2016.
- After his contract extension with FC Barcelona, he was sent on loan to Celta de Vigo.
- On September 16, 2015, after a duel with Roma’s midfielder Radja Nainggolan, Rafael experienced an injury with a torn right anterior cruciate ligament. He underwent surgery and was expected to be out for a period of six months.
- Despite being a native Brazilian, Rafinha first played for the national youth team of Spain including for U-19. However, in 2012, he shifted to Brazil’s U-20 squad and appeared at the 2013 South American Youth Championship.
- Rafael scored his first goal for the Spanish national team on September 9, 2015, in a match against the United States.