|Frank Dillane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1991|
Frank Dillane is an English actor who has inherited acting genes from his father Stephen Dillane who has appeared in popular TV shows such as Game of Thrones, The Tunnel, and John Adams. In fact, he made his theatrical debut alongside his father. He got his first big breakthrough with Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince. Eventually, he realized that he wanted to seriously pursue an acting career and got enrolled in an acting course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. After graduating from the acting course, he earned fame for his recurring role in TV series, Fear the Walking Dead. His work in the TV series even helped him win a nomination for perstigious Saturn Awards.
Frank Stephenson Dillane
London, England, United Kingdom
Frank Dillane went to the Michael Hall School in East Sussex. After completing his A-Level education in June 2009, he got enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He graduated from the academy with a Bachelor of Arts in Acting in 2013.
- Father – Stephen Dillane (Actor)
- Mother – Naomi Wirthner (Manager of a theatre company called The Barebones Project)
- Siblings – Seamus Dillane (Younger Brother)
- Others – John B. Dillane (Paternal Grandfather), Bridget M. Curwen (Paternal Grandmother)
Frank Dillane is represented by –
- Michelle Braidman Associates, Ltd.
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Vocals, Bass Guitar
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Frank Dillane has dated –
- Misha (2016) – In 2016, Frank Dillane was reported to be going out with a girl named, Misha. The picture of them out on a beach was shared by his fan pages on the social media. It later emerged that they had ended their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
On his father’s side, he has English, Scottish, and remote Manx ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of African-Jamaican descent.
- Long curly hair
- Two small birthmarks in the middle of his left cheek
Frank Dillane hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Tom Riddle in the fantasy adventure movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Being cast in the role of Nick Clark in the horror drama TV series, Fear the Walking Dead
- Having played the role of Owen Coffin in the adventure drama movie, In the Heart of the Sea, which had stars such as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Holland in the lead roles
As a Singer
Frank Dillane is a member of an indie band, Tinker Wright. He is the lead singer and bass guitarist of the band. The majority of music they have released comprises of covers of popular songs.
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut in the British drama movie, Welcome to Sarajevo. He was just 6 years old when the movie was released.
First Web Show
In June 2015, Frank Dillane made his first web show appearance in the What’s Going On? episode of the sci-fi web series, Sense8.
First TV Show
In August 2015, he made his first TV show appearance in the pilot episode of the horror drama TV series, Fear the Walking Dead.
Frank Dillane Favorite Things
- Ice-Cream Flavors – Tiramisu and Chocolate
- Biscuits – Custard Creams
- Musicians – The Strokes, Babyshambles, The Beatles, The Smiths, and Bob Dylan
Source – IMDb
Frank Dillane Facts
- To prepare for his role in Fear the Walking Dead, he read Confessions of an English Opium-Eater. He also consulted with a friend, who was a former drug addict.
- He has revealed in the interviews that he has never seen Walking Dead, which is the sister show of Fear the Walking Dead.
- As his natural eye color is brown, he had to use blue colored contact lens for his role of Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- As he wanted to add more depth to his acting skills, he decided to halt his acting career and got enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
- He had done screen-testing for the lead role in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012). However, the role eventually went to Andrew Garfield.
- Although the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art doesn’t allow students to do any professional work for the duration of the course, Dillane was still allowed to work in the independent movie Papadopoulos & Sons. As the movie was filmed during the summer holidays, he was given permission.
- After he was cast as James Papadopoulos in Papadopoulos & Sons, his father decided to work his own shooting schedule around so that he could play the role of Harry Papadopoulos (James’ father).
- He doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0