|Frenkie de Jong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1997|
Frenkie de Jong is a Dutch professional soccer player who made a name for himself as one of the finest young midfielders in Europe due to his stellar performances for AFC Ajax with whom he completed the double of winning both the Eredivisie and the KNVB Cup in the 2018–19 season. His stocks soared further as he had helped the team reach the final of the Europa League in the 2016-17 season (the clubs’ first European final in 21 years); and the semifinal of the UEFA Champions League in the 2018-19 season where they upset the likes of Juventus and Real Madrid. Consequently, he was signed up by Spanish giants FC Barcelona in July 2019. At the international level, he has represented the Netherlands at the Under-15, Under-17, Under-19, and Under-21 levels and was a member of the Dutch senior national team that reached the final of the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League, the inaugural edition of the tournament.
Frenkie de Jong
Fatty, El Futuro
Gorinchem, South Holland, Netherlands
He splits his time between Netherlands and Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – John de Jong
- Mother – Marjon Schuchhard-De Bruijn
- Siblings – Youri de Jong (Brother)
He is represented by BRNDS Agency, Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, The Netherlands.
- 7, 21 – Netherlands
- 24, 27, 43 – Willem II Tilburg
- 21 – AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Frenkie has dated –
- Mikky Kiemeney (2014-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
He has been sponsored by the sports good manufacturer Nike.
Frenkie de Jong Facts
- He spent his entire youth career, from 2004 to 2014, with Dutch club Willem II but played only 2 matches for the club at the senior level. He was transferred to Dutch giants AFC Ajax in 2015 for a nominal fee of €1 which was symbolic and was offset by a sell-on clause.
- When he helped AFC Ajax reach the semifinal of the UEFA Champions League in the 2018-19 season, it was the first time that the club had reached the last-4 stage of the tournament since 1999.
- For his performances in the 2018-19 season, he was named the ‘Eredivisie Player of the Season’ and was included in the ‘Eredivisie Team of the Season’. He was also named in the ‘UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season’ and was named the ‘UEFA Midfielder of the Season’.
- In 2019, he was named in the ‘IFFHS Men’s World Team’, the ‘UEFA Team of the Year’, and the ‘FIFA FIFPro World11’. He was also named the ‘UEFA Nations League Finals Young Player of the Tournament’ and included in the ‘UEFA Nations League Finals Team of the Tournament’.
- Frenkie’s choice to wear the number 21 on his shirt, which he has done for the majority of his senior club and international career, is a tribute to his grandfather whose birthday falls on April 21.
Featured Image by Frenkie de Jong / Instagram