|Nikki Reed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1988|
Nikki Reed is an American actress, screenwriter, producer, and singer-songwriter who is known for playing vampire Rosalie Hale in The Twilight Saga, Evie Zamora in the teen drama film Thirteen, Stefanie in the comedy-drama film Last Day of Summer, Betsy Ross in the Fox supernatural drama series Sleepy Hollow, Wendy in the psychological thriller film Enter the Dangerous Mind, Crystal in the horror film Jack Goes Home, Minerva “Mini” Drogues in the satiric neo-noir film Mini’s First Time, Sadie Campbell in the teen drama show The O.C., Rachel in the Netflix sci-fi horror series V-Wars, Allison in the comedy-drama film Familiar Strangers, and Donna in the paranormal romance film In Your Eyes.
Nicole Houston Reed
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles. Nikki dropped out after a year as she faced the situation of harassment from the mothers of other students during lunchtime due to the movie Thirteen (2003). So, Nikki decided to do homeschooling. She earned her high school diploma via homeschooling only.
Actress, model, singer, screenwriter, music video director
- Father – Seth Reed (Set Designer)
- Mother – Cheryl Houston (Beautician)
- Siblings – Nathan August Reed (Older Brother) (Professional Photographer)
- Others – John August Reed (Paternal Grandfather), Laurel Rose “Laurie” Mattlin (Paternal Grandmother), Newton Stewart Houston, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Jacqueline Lee Wilcox (Maternal Grandmother), Joey Reed (Younger Half-Brother)
She has been signed to –
- Thruline Entertainment, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, punk rock
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reed has dated –
- Victor Rasuk (2004-2006) – Reed first met actor Victor Rasuk in 2004, when they were filming for the 2005 movie Lords of Dogtown. From that time, they started dating and lived together until 2006.
- DJ Qualls (2006-2007) – American actor and comedian, Donald Joseph “DJ” Qualls dated Nikki from 2006 until 2007.
- Ryan Phillippe (2007) – In February 2007, American actor Ryan Phillippe had a fling with Nikki when they were spotted together on a date. At that time, Ryan was 32 and Nikki was 18.
- Pavel Priluchnyy (2009) – She had a fling with the Russian actor, Pavel in 2009.
- Robert Pattinson (2009) – When they met on the set of Twilight, the rumors appeared that they are dating. From February to April 2009, they dated. After that, he moved on to date with long-time girlfriend Kristen Stewart.
- Paris Kasidokostas Latsis (2009-2010) – The Greek socialite, Paris Latsis had dated Reed for a complete year from July 2009 to June 2010. He had a good influence on her and she became more active and left smoking to be with Paris.
- Paul McDonald (2011-2014) – She commenced dating singer Paul McDonald in March 2011, when she met him on the red carpet during the premiere of Red Riding Hood. They soon starting living together and in June 2011, she was photographed with an engagement ring on the occasion of MTV Movie Awards. On October 16, 2011, the couple married in Malibu. They officially separated on March 29, 2014.
- Derek Hough (2014) – In 2014, she briefly dated ballroom dancer Derek Hough.
- Ian Somerhalder (2014-Present) – The actors Nikki and Ian Somerhalder started dating on July 9, 2014, after meeting through Ashley Greene. Ian had also helped Nikki in the past, to get her divorce from Paul McDonald. The couple got engaged in January 2015, and on April 26, 2015, they got married in Malibu, California. Ian is 10 years her senior. Nikki gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Bodhi Soleli on July 25, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Nikki’s mother is of English, one-fourth Italian, as well as Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German, Swiss-German, distant Welsh, and French descent. She is of ¾ Ashkenazi Jewish and ¼ German descent on her father’s side.
- Beauty mark above the lip
- Braided hairstyles
34-23-33 in or 86-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Evie Zamora in Thirteen (2003), Rosalie Hale in Twilight film series, and others.
As a Singer
The actress has recorded songs with her ex singer-husband, Paul McDonald. The first song was “Now That I’ve Found You” in 2011.
In October 2012, the couple released their Extended Play titled “The Best Part”.
The song “All I’ve Ever Needed” is a part of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 soundtrack.
Other than all these audio songs, she has appeared in music videos of several other songs of different musicians like in Santana featuring Steven Tyler’s Just Feel Better in 2005, Sabrina’s No Rose Petals & Bubblebaths in 2010, Hanson’s Get the girl back in 2013.
She acted in the 2003 American drama film Thirteen for her role as Evie Zamora. Nikki also did the job of a screenwriter for this movie.
First TV Show
In 2006, Reed guest appeared in 6 episodes in the teen drama TV series The O.C. for her role as Sadie Campbell.
She eats healthy and tries to stay fit. Nikki Reed indulges in activities to keep herself active throughout the day. She makes sure to eat something before starting her exercise sessions like a snack or a toast.
The exercises are varied like Pilates, running, yoga, hiking, kickboxing, etc. Reed keeps herself motivated and energized with the Detox diet, she calls it an energy booster, which includes lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and cranberry juice.
Nikki Reed Favorite Things
- Movies – City of God (2002), True Romance (1993), Nowhere in Africa (2003), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Lion King (1994)
- Books – Wuthering Heights (By Emily Brontë in 1847), Color of Water: A Black Man’s Tribute to His White Mother (By James McBride in 1995), Reading Lolita in Tehran (By Azar Nafisi in 2003), They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky (By Judy A. Bernstein in 2005), The Robber Bride (By Margaret Atwood in 1993), A Thousand Splendid Suns (By Khaled Hosseini in 2007), Go Ask Alice (By Beatrice Sparks in 1971), Schindler’s List (By Thomas Keneally in 1982)
- Bands – The Raconteurs, Kings of Leon
Source – Vanity Fair
Nikki Reed Facts
- Reed was raised without any religion but now is Jewish (her father’s religion). Her mother is Christian.
- She has a pitbull dog, named, Sydney.
- Her mother divorced when she was 2. Nikki was raised by her mother.
- She started living on her own and left her mother in 2002 (when Nikki was 14).
- Nikki is close friends with Jackson Rathbone, her Twilight co-star and is godmother to his son.
- Alongside Alec Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Jeff Goldblum, she co-starred as Minerva “Mini” Drogues in Mini’s First Time in 2006 and this role won her the Solstice Film Festival Award for “Best Actress”.
- Alexa Vega was the maid of honor at Nikki Reed’s wedding.
- In 2011, she collaborated with Staples and Do Something for their 3rd annual School Supply Drive.
- She has expressed her desire to direct a music video for the band 100 Monkeys, which is fronted by her friend and Twilight co-star, Jackson Rathbone.
- She enjoys doing horse riding.
- The third Twilight film /book is Nikki’s favorite Twilight movie so far.
- According to Nikki, Merle Oberon and Audrey Hepburn are the most stylish women in Hollywood.
- She has a celebrity crush on Val Kilmer in Tombstone, Gary Oldman in Basquiat, and Paul Newman in The Left Handed Gun.
- She wants to follow the career of Holly Hunter.
- She endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- She is not a fan of new era social technologies over the internet like Facebook, MySpace, etc. She instead wants to open a charity with the name “Kids, Get Your Ass into Books and Off of MySpace!”
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, she was the one who had cut the hair of the entire family. Since Nikki’s mom is a hairdresser, it was not difficult for her.
- Instead of Niki, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer wanted Joanna Krupa to play Rosalie Cullen.