|Freya Ridings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1994|
|Spouse||Ewan J Phillips|
Freya Ridings is an English singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist who published her self-titled debut solo studio album in July 2019. It peaked at number 3 on both the UK Albums Chart and the Scottish Albums Chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by BPI (British Phonographic Industry). Freya’s 2nd solo studio album titled Blood Orange was set to be released in May 2023. She also released an EP titled You Mean the World to Me in March 2019, besides numerous singles.
Freya Olivia Rose Ridings
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Freya had attended St Christopher School, a boarding and day co-educational independent school in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, England. When she was about 16 years old, she joined the BRIT School, a performing and creative arts school located in Selhurst, Croydon, England.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Richard John Ridings (Actor, Musician)
- Mother – Catherine ‘Cathy’ Jensen (Playwright)
- Siblings – Arden Ridings (Younger Brother)
She has been represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Talent Management Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, Folk, Soul, Alternative, Indie
Guitar, Piano, Vocals
- Good Soldier Songs
- AWAL (Artists Without a Label)
- Capitol Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Freya has dated –
- Ewan J Phillips (2023-Present) – Freya got married to her long-term boyfriend and folk singer Ewan J Phillips in January 2023 in an intimate ceremony in central London.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Freya Ridings Facts
- Her first name, Freya, is taken from the name of the Norse (relating to ancient Scandinavia, its inhabitants, or their language) goddess of love, beauty, and fertility.
- She learned how to play the guitar by watching her father, an actor & musician, practice the instrument.
- Freya’s first big hit, a song titled Lost Without You, was released in November 2017. The song peaked at number 9 on the UK Singles Chart after it was featured on the popular reality TV show Love Island in July 2018.
- The song also peaked within the ‘Top 5’ in Scotland and within the ‘Top 20’ in Ireland as well as the US Adult Contemporary chart. It was certified ‘Double Platinum’ by BPI (British Phonographic Industry), and ‘Platinum’ by ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association), MC (Music Canada), and IFPI Schweiz (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry – Switzerland).
- A 2019 single of Freya’s, titled Castles, was her next major hit – peaking in the ‘Top 5’ in Scotland and within the ‘Top 20’ in the UK, Australia, Belgium, Ireland, and Switzerland, as well as the US Adult Contemporary chart. It was certified ‘Triple Platinum’ by ARIA; ‘Platinum’ by BPI, IFPI Schweiz, and IFPI AUT (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry – Austria); and ‘Gold’ by Music Canada.
- In June 2019, she played a set on the John Peel Stage at the Glastonbury Festival (a popular 5-day festival of contemporary performing arts that takes place in Pilton, Somerset, England) after the festival’s founder, Michael Eavis, had personally attended one of her concerts in Bristol, England.
- Freya has a pet dog named Maisie Elizabeth.
- She is dyslexic.
Featured Image by Freya Ridings / Instagram