|Gábor Király Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gábor Király is a Hungarian former professional footballer who is best known for his career as a goalkeeper for teams like Haladás, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, Burnley, Aston Villa, Bayer Leverkusen, and Fulham. He announced his retirement from playing in May 2019. During the course of his career, Gábor has won several tournaments such as DFL-Ligapokal. He is also the founder of the association football club, Király SZE.
Gábor Ferenc Király
- Father – Ferenc Kiraly
- Mother – Irma Wagner
Kiraly is signed with Rechtsanwalt Janzen.
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gabor Kiraly dated –
- Zsanett Kiraly – Gabor is married to Zsanett Kiraly with whom he has two children daughter Viktoria Kiraly and son Matyas Kiraly.
Race / Ethnicity
- Partly bald
- Wears tracksuits during matches instead of shorts
- Towering height
Best Known For
Wearing tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts during his matches.
First Football Match
On September 28, 1997, Gabor played his first game as a starting goalkeeper for Hertha BSC against FC Koln.
He debuted for Crystal Palace in a League Cup match against Hartlepool United.
Kiraly played his first official match for Aston Villa on December 16, 2006, against Bolton Wanderers.
Kiraly had his debut for Fulham in September 2014 in a match against Reading.
In 1998, Gabor had his national team debut against Austria.
- Long Shots
- Catching crosses
- Saving close range shots
Gabor Kiraly Facts
- He started his football career at a local club named Szombathelyi Haladas in 1993.
- In 1997, Kiraly shifted to the Bundesliga team Hertha BSC.
- Gabor was signed by Crystal Palace before the 2004-2005 season.
- On May 18, 2006, the Hungarian giant wanted to leave Crystal Palace and requested to be transferred to another club. However, because no club was interested about Kiraly, he remained with the English club for the third straight season.
- In 2006, he was loaned to West Ham United for two weeks from late November to early December.
- After Kiraly came back to Crystal Palace from West Ham, he again left on a one-month loan to Aston Villa.
- On May 30, 2007, Gabor moved to Burnley.
- On June 3, 2009, Kiraly penned a three-year deal with TSV 1860 Munchen.
- On August 28, 2014, Gabor signed with Fulham.
- He played his 100th match for the national team of Hungary on November 12, 2015, against Norway.
- On the question of why he wears tracksuits instead of shorts, Gabor said that he’s not a top model, but a footballer, so the comfort is more important than how a player looks like on the football pitch.
- After playing in UEFA Euro 2016 tournament, he became the oldest player to be featured in a European Championship at the age of 40 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks. Before him, the previous record-holder was Lothar Matthäus.
- Kiraly is not on social media.