|Paige VanZant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1994|
Paige VanZant is an American mixed martial artist, boxer, author, dancer, and model who was signed to the flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. On June 30, 2012, she made her professional MMA debut at UWF’s Tournament of Warriors finale against Jordan Nicole Gaza in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Paige Michelle Sletten
Paige’s father gave her the nickname due to her love for hunting and shooting.
Dundee, Oregon, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
She studied at the Truckee Meadows Community College in Reno, Nevada, United States.
Paige was 16 when she graduated from high school with bullying being one of the reasons behind her early graduation.
She pursued a degree in business.
Mixed Martial Artist, Boxer, Author, Dancer, Model
- Father – Steve VanZant (High School Wrestler)
- Mother – Rachel VanZant (Runs dance studio with husband)
- Siblings – Steven Sletten (In 2012, he was charged with molestation of a 13-year-old boy and was placed behind bars at the Santiam Correctional Institution in Salem, Oregon.)
Paige VanZant has been signed with –
- MMA Incorporated
- American Top Team Portland, Company, Portland, Oregon, United States
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paige VanZant has dated –
- Cody Garbrandt (2015) – Paige dated fellow MMA fighter Cody Garbrandt in 2015. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond a year as they broke up in August 2015. They decided to go separate ways to focus on their respective careers but remained on good terms.
- Alan Bersten (2016) – In May 2016, Paige was alleged to be secretly dating dancer Alan Bersten during her stint on the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars. They had first met on the show itself and had reportedly hit off during one of the dance rehearsals. The duo was spotted getting pretty close during Dancing with the Stars after parties at the Mixology 101 in Los Angeles. The two neither accepted nor denied their relationship rumors.
- Austin Vanderford (2017-Present) – In the year 2017, she started going out with Austin Vanderford, a professional MMA fighter and a 2-time NAIA All-American and national champion wrestler. In January 2018, he proposed to VanZant and they got married in September 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic Body
- Beautiful Smile
33-25-33 in or 84-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Paige Vanzant has appeared in the TV commercials for brands including –
- Bissell mop
- Purus Labs supplement brand
- Columbia Sportswear
- Reebok. In May 2017, she appeared in a racy commercial for the brand. However, after widespread backlash for the suggestive nature of the advert, she took it down from her official social media accounts.
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading fighters in the Women’s Strawweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Having finished in the 2nd position in season 22 of the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars in 2016
First MMA Fight
In June 2012, Paige made her professional MMA debut against Jordan Nicole Gaza at the UWF’s Tournament of Warriors finale. She won the fight by split decision.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her TV show debut in the sports show, Texas Fight Night as herself.
Paige follows an intense and grueling workout routine to keep herself at the top of the game. She goes for a different workout every day. Along with wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and other martial arts classes, Paige also practices yoga, pilates, and CrossFit. She also squeezes in hiking every week as a relaxing workout.
While preparing for a fight, she replaces some of the fun outdoor workouts with gym training. She increases the frequency and volume of her cardio sessions and runs a lot. Paige also does sparring and combat training workouts throughout the week.
When it comes to her diet, she makes sure that she is eating enough. She believes in eating in moderation and also indulges in her guilty pleasures but only in small portions. Paige substitutes her favorite dishes with healthy alternatives. She also makes sure to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Paige VanZant Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Food – Thai Food, Mexican Food, Wings, and Pizza
- Role Model – Ronda Rousey
- Grappling Technique – Leg Locks
- Striking Technique – Leg Kicks
- Hobbies – Cooking, Going to movies, hanging out by the river
Paige VanZant Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Dayton, Oregon.
- While growing up, she regularly practiced dancing at her parents’ studio and participated in various dance competitions. She practiced dancing ballet, jazz, and hip hop for over 13 years.
- While studying in high school, she was a varsity cheerleader as an underclassman.
- Paige was tomboyish, and by the age of 8, she had got her first ATV.
- Her hobbies included fishing and riding dirt bikes.
- Paige was severely bullied in high school and had to get in touch with the authorities. One of the responding officers asked her to take self-defense classes.
- She was bullied by a group of girls in high school and the bullying included mocking her surname “Sletten”, which students changed to “Slutton”. As a result of the regular bullying, she eventually changed her surname legally to “VanZant “.
- She came up with the surname “VanZant ” as it was one of her mother’s students’ last names and Paige liked the way it sounded.
- After relocating to Sparks, Nevada, she started taking boxing and martial arts training after stumbling across UFC veteran Ken Shamrock’s gym.
- Before becoming a wrestler, Paige had worked as a bank teller and a dance teacher.
- The wrestler always knew she would eventually become successful and had been practicing her signatures since she was 5.
- Paige was supposed to be a participant in The Ultimate Fighter season 20 but was declared ineligible because of being under 21 at the time.
- If she hadn’t become an MMA fighter, Paige would have loved to become a chef.
- In 2017, she secured a publishing deal for her memoirs.
- She broke her tailbone while doing a backflip during one of her fights.
- The professional wrestler holds a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- She confirmed in May 2018 that she recently had a breast augmentation, saying: “I’m a girl and always wanted my own boobs. They never came so I bought them.”
- Paige also holds the record of being the youngest recipient of the Fight of the Night award.
- She has said, “There’s just something about fighting that just makes sense for me. I do it because of the fun, the thrill behind it . . . the adrenaline. I guess I’m an adrenaline junkie.”
- She has an American Eskimo Chihuahua named Dennis. Her mother babysits her pet dog while she fights.
Featured Image by Mike Searson / Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.