|Gabriel Jesus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gabriel Jesus is a professional football player from Brazil who plays as a striker for his national team. He has played for various clubs including Palmeiras and Manchester City. Before starting playing for Brazil’s senior team in September 2016, he used to play for Brazil’s U23 and U20 teams. He has a huge social media fanbase with more than 10 million followers on Instagram.
Gabriel Fernando de Jesus
São Paulo, Brazil
Gabriel Jesus started his soccer journey at Associação Atlética Anhanguera. He later joined the youth setup of Palmeiras.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – His father left his mother while she was pregnant with Jesus.
- Mother – Vera Lúcia Diniz de Jesus
- Siblings – He has an older brother. He has two other older siblings.
Gabriel Jesus is represented by Cristiano Simoes.
33 – Manchester City, Palmeiras
12 – Palmeiras
9 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gabriel Jesus’s mother and his representatives refrain from giving any information about his personal life to the media, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating status.
In February 2017, his mother told media that her son would need to ask for her permission before he bags any WAG for himself. She also made it clear that his girlfriends would have to live by her rules.
Race / Ethnicity
- Very short trimmed hair
- Goatee Beard
- Often wears black gloves in the winter season matches
Gabriel Jesus has inked a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. He wears only their footwear in his club as well as international matches. He has also appeared in the TV commercials for the brand.
Also, he has appeared in the TV adverts for the following brands –
He is a devout Christian. It is even claimed that he has selected to wear the number 33 jersey as a tribute to Jesus Christ. It is a commonly held belief that Christ was crucified at the age of 33.
Best Known For
- Being the first choice striker of the Brazilian national team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Being one of the finest and most skilled strikers in the English Top Flight. His electric performances for Manchester City has caught the attention of many.
First Soccer Match
In March 2015, he made his first competitive start with Palmeiras in Campeonato Paulista match against CA Bragantino. He came in as a 73rd-minute substitute in his side’s 1-0 victory.
In January 2017, he made his professional debut for Manchester City in his side’s Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspurs at City of Manchester Stadium. He came in as Raheem Sterling‘s substitute.
In September 2016, he made his first appearance for the Brazil national team against Ecuador in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification game. He scored two goals in his debut match.
- Technical Ability
- Attacking Movement
- Work rate
- Sometimes struggles to get into the game
First TV Show
In March 2015, Gabriel Jesus made his first TV show appearance in the sports TV series, Mesa Redonda.
Gabriel Jesus Favorite Things
- Idol – Ronaldo
Source – Manchester Evening News
Gabriel Jesus Facts
- In July 2015, he scored his first professional goal in a Palmeiras’s Campeonato Brasileiro Série A match against Agremiação Sportiva Arapiraquense. It was the only goal scored over two legs of the tie.
- In February 2017, he scored his first professional goal for Manchester City in their premier league match against West Ham United, which his side won by 4-0. It was also incidentally his first premier league start.
- By scoring a goal as well as recording an assist (Kevin De Bruyne‘s goal) in his first premier league start, he became the first Manchester City player to achieve the feat.
- He signed his first youth contract with the Brazilian club, Palmeiras in July 2013. That year, he had managed to score 54 goals in 48 matches for the youth team.
- About 6 months later in January 2014, he inked his first professional contract with the Brazilian side. It was a three-year contract with an option of additional two years.
- At the end of his debut season with Palmeiras, he was selected as the Best Newcomer in the league.
- In April 2016, he was sent off for the first time as he got in a scuffle with Damián Musto in a Copa Libertadores match between Palmeiras and Rosario Central.
- In 2016, he played a key role in his side’s Campeonato Brasileiro Série A title win. It was his side’s first Brazilian national championship win since 1994.
- In recognition of his stellar performances in his side’s title win, he was declared Bola de Ouro, which is given to the player of the season.
- In August 2016, Palmeiras agreed to sell their young forward to Manchester City in a deal reported to be worth £27 million/€33 million. However, he didn’t join his new club till the end of Brazilian season in January 2017.
- In May 2018, he scored a goal in the stoppage time in the last match of the season against Southampton FC. His goal helped his side win the match and become the first team in the division to cross 100 points in the season.
- He grew up in a very tough and poor neighborhood. He even got a tattoo of a boy overlooking a favela as a tribute to his childhood. His fellow Brazilian teammate Neymar also got a matching tattoo.
- He scored one of the penalties in the shootout of the 2016 Olympics final against Germany to help his side win the Olympics event on their home soil.
- He wasn’t able to deliver big performances at his side’s 2018 World Cup campaign. He failed to score a single goal in 5 matches of the campaign and finished with just one assist to his name.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gabriel Jesus / Instagram