|Raheem Sterling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1994|
Raheem Sterling is a professional footballer from England who represents his team internationally. He plays as an attacking midfielder. In 2009, Raheem started playing in England U16 team and with time, got progressed to U17, U19, U21, and finally to the senior team in 2012. He also played for Liverpool from 2012 to 2015.
Raheem Shaquille Sterling
Raheem Sterling lives in a lavish mansion in leafy Cheshire village, Manchester. He had paid £3.1 million for a five-bedroom property that has its own wildlife pond and paddock.
Raheem Sterling went to the Copland School in North West London. He also attended Rainhill School. In fact, he completed his school education from Rainhill School.
He joined the youth academy of Queens Park Rangers in 2003. He left QPR in 2010 to join the youth setup of Liverpool.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Phillip Slayter (Was killed in 1996 in a shooting in Jamaica)
- Mother – Nadine Sterling (She raised Raheem on her own.)
- Siblings – Kimberley Sterling (Sister), Kingston Sterling (Sister), Lakima Sterling (Sister)
Raheem Sterling is represented by Aidy Ward of Colossal Sports Management.
Striker, Winger, Attacking Midfielder
31 – Liverpool
7 – Manchester City, England National Team
10 – England National Team
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raheem Sterling has dated
- Melissa Clarke – Raheem Sterling has had a volatile relationship with Melissa Clarke in his teens. They had reportedly started dating while they were in their mid-teens. During the course of their relationship, Melissa gave birth to their daughter, Melody. Even after the end of their relationship, Melissa and Sterling are embroiled in a court case. However, the details of the case aren’t available.
- Shana Ann Rose Halliday – Sterling’s relationship with model and beauty pageant winner Shana Ann Rose Halliday came to light in August 2013 after he was arrested for assaulting her. They had reportedly gone out to celebrate her 20th birthday and they had a row afterward.
- Analicia Chaves (2015) – In July 2015, Sterling was linked with model Analicia Chaves after they were spotted partying. A couple of days later, an interesting update emerged that claimed Chaves was also going out with Real Madrid star Karim Benzema.
- Paige Milian (2015-Present) – According to reports, Sterling started going out with Paige Milian in 2015. In January 2017, she gave birth to their son, Thiago. In the early months of 2018, their relationship was reportedly on the rocks as he was embroiled in a couple of cheating scandals. But, they surprised everyone by getting engaged in March 2018.
- Tabitha Brown (2016) – In April 2016, Raheem Sterling was rumored to be having an affair with Playboy model Tabitha Brown. They were reportedly seen leaving Lowry Hotel in Manchester after a lunch date in the previous month.
- The English tabloids revealed in August 2017 that Sterling had brought a prostitute to his hotel room in Los Angeles during Manchester City’s pre-season tour. The reports claimed that he had haggled with the Kim Kardashian lookalike over her price of £3,000-a-night.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry.
Medium stubble beard
In 2012, Raheem Sterling signed an endorsement deal with Nike, which requires him to use their products for his matches. In September, he was cast alongside Christian Eriksen, Eden Hazard, and Theo Walcott in a commercial for Nike Green Speed II.
In January 2013, he was featured in a promotional campaign for Nike Mercurial Vapor IX. He has also used his social media activity to promote the popular sportswear brand.
He is a devout Christian and whenever he can find time from his soccer commitments, he visits his local church.
Best Known For
- His acrimonious exit from Liverpool FC. The Liverpool legends such as Steven Gerrard, Graeme Souness, and Jamie Carragher were particularly scathing in their criticism of Sterling’s antics to secure a move to Manchester City.
- His tremendous performances under the guidance of Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola. In their 2017/18 title-winning season, he scored 18 goals and recorded 15 assists in 33 matches.
First Soccer Match
In March 2012, he made his professional debut in Liverpool‘s league match against Wigan Athletic. He was just 17 years and 107 days old at the time of his debut, which made him the third youngest debutant in the history of the Merseyside club.
In August 2015, he made his first professional appearance for Manchester City in their 3-0 away bashing of West Bromwich Albion.
In November 2012, he made his senior debut for England national team in a friendly match against Sweden.
- Low center of gravity
- Ball Control
- Attacking runs
- Lack of consistency
- Play acting
In 2016, he made his theatrical film debut as himself in the adventure comedy movie, The Brothers Grimsby.
First TV Show
In 2015, Raheem Sterling made his first TV show appearance as himself on the news series, BBC Weekend News.
Apart from his usual team training, Raheem Sterling often works out in the gym to improve physical side of his game. He usually hits the gym 3 to 4 times a week. He might perform two leg sessions in the gym and for the rest, stick to improving his upper body strength.
He also pays special attention to strengthening his core, which is very useful in holding off defenders. However, in the gym, he abstains from heavy lifting and instead focuses on the routine that helps him become more explosive, dynamic, and athletic.
Raheem Sterling Favorite Things
- Dishes – Spaghetti Bolognese, Red Pea Soup, Chicken Stew
- English Player – Paul Gascoigne
Source – Daily Mail, Man City
Raheem Sterling Facts
- He spent his early childhood in Maverly District of Kingston. When he was 5 years old, he moved to England with his mother.
- In February 2010, he joined Liverpool from Queens Park Rangers after Liverpool manager agreed to pay an initial fee of £600,000. The fees could rise up to £5 million after considering various add-ons such as first-team appearances and goals scored.
- In October 2012, he scored his first professional goal for Liverpool as he struck from the edge of the box to give his side 1-0 victory. He also became the second youngest goalscorer for the club after Michael Owen.
- In 2013, he was heavily linked with a move to Swansea City but once he started getting opportunities with the Liverpool senior team, he decided to stay.
- At the end of 2013/14 season, he was shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. However, he lost out to Chelsea’s Eden Hazard. But, he did manage to win Liverpool’s Young Player of the Year award.
- In December 2014, he made his 100th appearance for Liverpool as they faced their fierce rivals Manchester United. His side was trashed 3-0 at the Old Trafford.
- In April 2015, he was caught up in a controversy after pictures of him smoking shisha pipe emerged. A couple of days later, a footage of him inhaling nitrous oxide from a balloon emerged as well.
- In December 2014, he was awarded the Golden Boy Award, which is given by the sports journalists to the best young player in Europe.
- In April 2015, he gave an unsanctioned interview to BBC in which he confirmed that he had no intentions to sign a new deal with Liverpool. The interview led to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers publicly criticizing his representative Aidy Ward for misguiding Sterling for his own monetary gains.
- In July 2015, he moved to Manchester City as they paid an initial £44 million, with a possibility of further £5 million in add-ons. Liverpool had previously rejected their two bids worth – £30 million and £40 million.
- With his transfer to Manchester City, he became the 5th player in the history of the game to cross £40 million in transfer fees. The first player was French legend Zinedine Zidane who was signed by Real Madrid for £46.6 million.
- Before he fully committed to representing England, he was heavily courted by the Jamaican FA. He has even publicly hinted that he wasn’t averse to representing Jamaica.
- In August 2013, he was arrested for an alleged assault on his then-girlfriend. But, he was let off by Liverpool Magistrates Court after the complainant wasn’t able to provide concrete evidence.
- In May 2013, another common assault charge was dropped against Sterling after an unidentified woman failed to appear in the court to give evidence.
- In December 2017, he was attacked by a convicted hooligan outside Manchester City training ground. The attacker reportedly subjected Sterling to racial abuse as well.
- In May 2018, he drew widespread criticism from the anti-violence groups for getting an M16 rifle tattooed on his leg. He defended his decision by claiming that it was a tribute to his father who was gunned down when he was two years old.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Joshjdss / Flickr / CC BY 2.0