|Golden Brooks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Golden Brooks is an American actress who is best known for being cast as CeCe Jennings in Linc’s (1998-2000), Maya Denise Wilkes in Girlfriends (2000-2008), and Ruby Jeffries in Hart of Dixie (2012-2013). She is also noted for starring in many films like The Inheritance (2011) and Motives (2004). She has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Golden Ameda Brooks
San Francisco, California, United States
Brooke graduated with a major in Media Representation of Minorities and a minor in Theater from the University of California, Berkeley.
Later, she pursued a master’s degree from the Sarah Lawrence College. She also studied theater in New York.
- Father – Walter Brooks
- Mother – Barbara Brooks
- Others – David Emerson LeFlore (Maternal Grandfather), Myrtle Pettis (Maternal Grandmother)
Golden is represented by –
- Global Artists Agency
- Primary Wave Entertainment
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Golden has dated –
- David Bryan Woodside (2008-2010) – Actor David Bryan Woodside and Golden Brooke started dating in 2008. The couple was in a romantically strong relationship and on September 1, 2009, they even had their first child, a girl named Dakota Tao Brooks-Woodside. However, after the birth of their daughter, their relationship took a trip downside, which finally came to a halt in 2010.
- Todd Tucker (2015) – In the past, she was believed to have been dating singer-songwriter Kandi Burruss‘s husband, Todd Tucker.
- Kobie Randolph (2015) – Golden was in a relationship with actor and DJ Kobie Randolph in early 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
She has Asian eye features.
She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like New York & Company.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the films The Inheritance (2011) and Motives (2004)
- Starring as CeCe Jennings in Linc’s (1998-2000), Maya Denise Wilkes in Girlfriends (2000-2008), Ruby Jeffries in Hart of Dixie (2012-2013)
- Being in a serious relationship with her former boyfriend actor D.B. Woodside
Golden made her theatrical film debut as Gold in Hell’s Kitchen in 1998.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Heather in The Adventures of Pete & Pete in 1996.
Golden Brooks Facts
- During her childhood days, Golden performed like a trained figure skater and competed and won several tournaments.
- One of her hidden traits is that she is a trained classical, ballet, jazz, modern dancer and has also taught these forms of dance.
- In the past, she worked at the Pediatric AIDS Foundation and AIDS Project Los Angeles as a volunteer.
- She used to have a cat named Saeku.
- One of her uncles taught at the Berkeley High School in Berkeley, California.
- In 2007, she stayed in a mansion that cost $1,650,000 at the Pacific View Drive, Los Angeles, California.
- She describes her as a “dreamer, believer and follower of all things kind” on her social media account.
- Her Instagram handle in January 2019, had a verse Psalms 128:2 which means “You will eat the fruit of your labor and blessings and prosperity will be yours”.
- She found her inspiration to reveal her insecurities onscreen through screenwriter Mara Brock Akil.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Golden Brooks / Instagram