|Christian Eriksen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1992|
|Girlfriend||Sabrina Kvist Jensen|
Christian Eriksen is a Danish professional soccer player known for having performed under popular clubs like Ajax and Tottenham Hotspur. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 700k followers on Twitter.
Christian Dannemann Eriksen
London, England, United Kingdom
Christian Eriksen started his soccer journey at the age of 3 by joining the youth academy of Middelfart G&BK. His father was one of the coaches at the club. In 2005, he joined the youth setup of Odense Boldklub.
After being heavily courted by the leading clubs including AC Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United, and Barcelona, he decided to join Ajax’s famed academy.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Thomas Eriksen (Soccer Coach)
- Mother – Dorthe Eriksen (Soccer Coach)
- Siblings – Louise Eriksen (Sister)
Christian Eriksen is represented by Martin Schoots.
8 – Ajax
23 – Tottenham Hotspur
10 – Denmark
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Christian Eriksen has dated –
- Sabrina Kvist Jensen (2012-Present) – In 2012, Eriksen started going out with Sabrina Kvist Jensen. In December 2017, Eriksen took to social media to reveal that he and his partner were expecting their first child. She gave birth to their son in June 2018. Eriksen was given a leave from the Danish World Cup preparation camp to be with Jensen during the birth of their son.
Race / Ethnicity
Christian Eriksen has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike, which requires him to wear their cleats for his professional matches. He also uses his social media activity to promote their various products.
He has also used his social media account to promote other products and brands such as State Drink (Danish energy drink brand).
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- His stellar performances as an emerging playmaker for Ajax. During his 5 seasons with the Dutch powerhouse, he managed to win 4 Dutch league titles.
- Having cemented his position as one of the best-attacking midfielders in the world with his great performances with Tottenham Hotspur
First Soccer Match
- In January 2010, he made his professional debut for Ajax in an Eredivisie match against NAC Breda.
- In September 2013, he made his first start for Tottenham Hotspur in a league match against Norwich City. He provided assist for Gylfi Sigurðsson’s goal in his side’s 2-0 victory.
- In March 2010, he made his first appearance for the Danish National Team against Austria.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the football matches, he made his TV show debut on Morfi, todos a la mesa in 2018.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Christian Eriksen Favorite Things
- Inspiration – Andres Iniesta
Source – Goal
Christian Eriksen Facts
- In October 2008, he moved to Amsterdam as Ajax purchased him for $1 million from Odense Boldklub. His former club, Middelfart received compensation of €35,000, which was used to build a new pitch.
- At the end of his debut season at Ajax, he was crowned as Ajax‘s “Talent of the Year”. He was also recognized as “Dutch Football Talent of the Year”.
- Eriksen scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League in Ajax‘s group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb in October 2011.
- In January 2016, he was once again declared “Danish Footballer of the Year”, making him the first player in country’s history to have won the prestigious award for 3 consecutive years.
- In November 2011, he was declared “Danish Football Player of the Year”. It was his strong performances for Ajax in their league title win as well as his pivotal role in Denmark’s successful UEFA Euro 2012 qualification that helped him bag the award.
- In August 2013, he moved to Tottenham Hotspur from Ajax as the clubs agreed on a deal worth £11 million. He along with Erik Lamela was expected to provide attacking thrust that was previously provided by Gareth Bale, who had moved to Real Madrid.
- In the summer of 2015, he was linked with a move to Manchester United but he issued a public statement to reveal that he intended to remain with London based club.
- In April 2018, he was selected along with his Spurs teammates Harry Kane and Jan Vertonghen in the PFA Team of the Year. It was his first selection in the team that is selected after voting by fellow professional players.
- When he scored against Iceland in the Euro 2012 match, he became the youngest Danish player to have scored in the European qualification.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Christian Eriksen / Instagram