|Harry Kane Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1993|
Harry Kane is a professional football player from England who plays forward (as a striker) for England national team. For 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was made the captain of his team by coach Gareth Southgate. He started playing for his side England’s senior team in 2015. Before that, he had played for his country’s U17, U19, U20, and U21 teams. In 2009, he started playing for the club Tottenham Hotspur and has played on loan for Leicester City, Norwich City, Millwall, etc.
Harry Edward Kane
The HurriKane, Golden Boy, Wizard
Walthamstow, London, England
He is based in London, England.
Harry Kane went to the Larkswood Primary Academy. He studied there till 2004 and then moved to Chingford Foundation School.
He went to the Tottenham Hotspur academy to polish his soccer skills. He was also a part of the youth academy of Arsenal, Spurs’s fierce derby rivals.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Patrick Kane
- Mother – Kim Kane
- Siblings – Charlie Kane (Older Brother)
- Others – Michael John Kane (Paternal Grandfather), Eric Hogg (Maternal Grandfather)
Harry Kane is represented by CAA Sports.
37 – Tottenham Hotspurs, Norwich City, Millwall FC
10 – Tottenham Hotspurs
9 – England National Team
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harry Kane has dated –
- Katie Goodland – In February 2015, Kane revealed that he was in a relationship with Katie Goodland, whom he had known since his childhood. They had gone to the school together and she had been with him throughout his whole journey. In January 2017, Katie gave birth to their daughter, Ivy Jane Kane. In July 2017, he announced that they had got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He is now seen with ‘blonde’ hair.
- Light stubble beard
- Prominent Nose
- Angular Face
Harry Kane has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. His endorsement deal requires him to wear their shoes for his matches as well as appear in their TV and print promotional campaigns. He also uses his social media activity to promote their products.
He has also used his social media posts to promote other products such as Lucozade Sports and Boss. He has been featured in the print advertising campaign for the latter as well.
Kane has been cast in a TV commercial for
- Beats by Dr. Dre headphones
- Mars Bars
He has also been used by EA Sports for the promotion of FIFA game series.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the star player and leader of the English soccer club, Tottenham Hotspur
- Being the best striker in the English Premier League. In fact, he is considered as one of the best in his position all over the world.
First Soccer Match
In January 2011, he made his professional debut for the Leyton Orient in their 1-1 away draw against Rochdale. He was playing for Orient on a loan from Spurs.
In August 2011, he made his debut for Tottenham in the second leg match of UEFA Europa League qualification round against Scottish club, Hearts. He went on to win a penalty in the match but couldn’t score the penalty as it was saved by the goalkeeper.
In March 2015, he made his international debut for the English national team in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Lithuania. He was sent in as Wayne Rooney‘s substitute and scored within 80 seconds of his introduction.
- Long Shots
- Shot Accuracy
- Aerial Threat
- Attacking Movement
- Timing of Attacking Runs
- Ball Control
Lack of defensive contribution, but when a player is contributing as much as Kane contributes to the attacking play of the team, the defensive work can easily be discarded from his game analysis.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the football matches, Harry Kane made his first TV show appearance as himself in 2017 in the sports TV series, The Premier League Show.
Harry Kane has given special attention to strengthening his lower body in the gym. He has extensively worked on his hamstrings and glutes to make his runs more powerful and to make sure that he is quicker off the mark. In the gym, he does a lot of single-leg glute work. He has also worked on his core strength as he believes that it is the key to stability and strength.
To ensure that he is fueling his muscles and body in the right way, he has hired a personal chef, who prepares his food 6 days a week. Instead of eating healthy for the whole week and eating carbs just before the game, he brings variation in his diet by eating high and low carbs throughout the week. Harry believes that his new dietary intake has made him stronger, faster, and leaner. It has also improved his recovery process from injuries.
Harry Kane Favorite Things
- Pre-Game Meal – Pasta and chicken
- Post-Game Meal – Steak and chips
- Soccer Inspiration – David Beckham
- The Most Difficult Player He Has Ever Played Against – John Terry
- Best Player He Has Played With – Gareth Bale
- Pre-Game Music – House and R&B
- Childhood Idol – Teddy Sheringham
Source – Play Station, Wikipedia
Harry Kane Facts
- He started his soccer journey by playing for the local side, Ridgeway Rovers.
- At the age of 8, he joined the youth setup of Arsenal FC. However, he left the club after just 1 year. The legendary former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger revealed that he was disappointed by his club’s decision to release Kane in the past.
- In his early days with Tottenham Hotspur youth setup, he used to play as a holding midfielder. He was then moved to the attacking midfield. He has also briefly played as a defender.
- On the eve of his 16th birthday, he signed a scholarship contract with the Spurs. He signed his first professional contract with the club about a year later in July 2010.
- Although he had played for only half a season for Millwall on loan from Tottenham, he still managed to win Millwall’s Young Player of the Year at the end of the season.
- Kane scored his first hattrick for Tottenham in their 5-1 victory over Asteras Tripoli in a UEFA group stage match. Overall, it was an eventful match for the English striker as he was forced to play as a goalkeeper towards the end of the match after Hugo Lloris was sent off. He dropped Jerónimo Barrales’s free-kick to concede the only goal.
- In January 2015, he managed to win his first Premier League Player of the Month. The club moved quickly to tie him down with a new five-and-a-half-year contract the following month.
- He finished the 2014/15 season with 21 goals in the English top flight, which helped him level the record set by Tottenham legends – Gareth Bale, Teddy Sheringham, and Jürgen Klinsmann.
- At the end of 2015/16 season, he managed to win the Premier League Golden Boot with his tally of 25 goals helping him beat Jamie Vardy and Sergio Agüero by one goal. He was also selected in the PFA Team of the Year for the second season running.
- In January 2017, he celebrated the birth of his daughter by scoring a hattrick in the 4-0 demolition of West Brom. By the end of February 2017, he had managed to score three hattricks in a space of 9 games.
- After Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry and Ruud van Nistelrooy, he became the 4th player in the history of the premier league to score 20 goals in three consecutive seasons. He ended that season (2016/17) with 29 goals and another Premier League Golden Boot.
- In 2017, he became the first player to have scored 39 goals in the premier league in a calendar year. The previous record was of 36 goals, which was held by Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.
- In February 2018, he scored his 100th premier league goal with a stoppage-time penalty at Anfield in his side’s 2-2 draw against Liverpool. He had managed to reach the milestone in 141 games, which made him the second fastest after Alan Shearer, who had reached the similar mark in 124 games.
- He was eligible to represent the Republic of Ireland through his father and he was heavily courted by their FA but in August 2014, he revealed that he was focussed on breaking into England senior team.
- England coach Gareth Southgate made him the captain of the England national team for the FIFA World Cup 2018. He gave captain’s performance in their first group stage match by scoring two goals in his side’s 2-1 victory over Tunisia. His second goal was a match-winner that came in injury time.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by John Parish / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0