|Hugo Lloris Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1986|
Hugo Lloris has established himself as one of the best goalkeepers over the last couple of years. His maturity and composure combined by his strong personality and leadership skills have made him a standout player in his club and the national side. He serves as the captain of the France national team and Tottenham Hotspur. His soft-spoken and humble persona off the pitch also make him a perfect role model for the younger generation.
Hugo Lloris learned his trade at the youth academy of Nice.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Luc Lloris (Monte Carlo based banker)
- Mother – Marie Lloris (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Gautier Lloris (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Hugo Lloris is represented by Mondial Promotions.
1 – OGC Nice, Olympique Lyon, Tottenham Hotspur, France National Team
25 – Tottenham Hotspur
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hugo Lloris has dated –
- Marine Lloris (2002-Present) – Hugo Lloris first met Marine in their teens in 2002. They started going out shortly after. In 2012, they got married in an intimate and romantic wedding ceremony in Nice. She gave birth to their first daughter, Anna-Rose, soon after their marriage. In 2014, she gave birth to their second daughter, Guiliana.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic & Caucasian)
Hugo has Catalan ancestry on his father’s side and French ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Prominent Nose
In 2010, Hugo Lloris signed an endorsement deal with Nike. He is often seen wearing their cleats and footwear for his professional matches.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His stint with the French club Lyon that lasted for about 4 full seasons and during which he emerged as one of the most promising goalkeepers in the European soccer
- His tremendous performances for the Tottenham Hotspur that has helped him win recognition for being one of the finest goalkeepers in the English Top Flight
- Being the first choice keeper of the French national team for nearly a decade, during which he has made more than 100 appearances
First Soccer Match
In October 2005, Hugo made his professional debut with Nice in a Coupe de la Ligue match over Châteauroux.
In August 2008, he made his first competitive appearance for Lyon in a league match against Toulouse. His side managed to win the match by 3-0 and gave him a clean sheet on his debut.
In September 2012, he made his debut for Tottenham Hotspur in a UEFA Europa League match against SS Lazio. He managed to keep a clean sheet in the match.
In November 2008, Lloris made his first appearance for the French national side in a friendly match against Uruguay.
- Ability to command his penalty area
- Easily thwarts strikers in one on one situations
- Ability to play sweeper keeper
- Loses composure while charging out of the box
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
In 2015, Hugo Lloris made his first TV show appearance on sports TV show, Match of the Day.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Hugo Lloris Favorite Things
- Cheese – Chevre
- Pre-Game Music Artists – Coldplay, David Guetta
- Tennis Players – Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer
- Soccer Players – Eric Cantona and Zinedine Zidane
Source – Twitter
Hugo Lloris Facts
- At the age of 6, he started playing as a goalkeeper. He played in that position continuously for two years. Then, for some time, he switched between striker and goalkeeper before settling on for keeper’s role for good after joining Nice’s academy.
- While growing up, he excelled in tennis and was considered as one of the finest talents in the youth circuit. However, at the age of 13, he decided to give up tennis and focus solely on soccer.
- He started playing soccer at the age of 6 at CEDAC (Centre de Diffusion et d’Action Culturelle), which is a cultural center based in Nice that offers a range of activities including soccer.
- In August 2010, it was revealed that he would be featured alongside Karim Benzema on the cover of the FIFA 11’s French version.
- Hugo was recommended to Nice by Dominique Baratelli, the former French international and ONG Nice goalkeeper. He was signed by the Nice’s academy at the age of 10.
- In his debut season in 2005-06, he delivered great performances to help his side reach their first-ever Coupe de la Ligue final with tremendous performances in quarter-finals and semi-finals.
- In the summer of 2008, he was heavily courted by the European heavyweights such as AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur. However, he decided to join Lyon as he felt he would get opportunities to play more regularly with the French club.
- Milan vice-president, Adriano Galliani, later revealed that they practically sealed Lloris’s move to AC Milan, which was only scuppered by Christian Abbiati’s refusal to move to Palermo.
- In his debut season with Lyon, Hugo finished with 16 clean sheets, which was the 2nd best in the league. He was selected as the best goalkeeper in the league and included in Team of the Year as well.
- In December 2009, he finished in the 3rd position behind Nicolas Anelka and Yoann Gourcuff in a voting conducted by France Football for the French Player of the Year award.
- At the end of 2009-10 season, he was recognized as UNFP Ligue 1 Goalkeeper of the Year. This was his 2nd consecutive win.
- In 2010, he was nominated for the UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year. However, he lost out to Júlio César, who had played a key role in Internazionale’s UEFA Champions League title.
- In August 2012, he was purchased from Lyon by Tottenham Hotspur in a deal worth €10 million with further €5 million tied up in add-ons. Spurs also agreed to give Lyon 20% of Lloris’s future transfer profit.
- His Premier League debut for Spurs ended American keeper Brad Friedel’s incredible run of 310 consecutive games in the Premier League.
- In November 2013, he lost consciousness after colliding with Romelu Lukaku‘s knee in a match against Everton. However, he still completed the match. This led to FIFA and FIFPro, the head injury charities, severely criticizing Spurs manager André Villas-Boas for continuing with Lloris even after his collision.
- In August 2015, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino made Lloris the permanent captain of the team.
- In December 2016, Lloris signed a 6 years contract extension with the London based club to extend his stay at the club until 2022. This helped club in avoiding Manchester United’s interest in the following summer transfer season as they sought to replace David de Gea, who was on a verge of the transfer to Real Madrid.
- In June 2018, he made his 100th appearance for France in a FIFA World Cup group stage match against Peru. His side managed to keep the clean sheet in the 1-0 victory.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Станислав Ведмидь / Football.us / CC BY-SA 3.0