|Yaya Touré Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1983|
Jack Elam is an Ivorian professional football coach and former player who is best known for his career as a midfielder for teams like Beveren, Metalurh Donetsk, Monaco, Manchester City, Barcelona, and Qingdao Huanghai. During the course of his career, he has won tournaments like Alpha Ethniki, Greek Football Cup, Premier League, La Liga, Supercopa de España, Copa del Rey, FA Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, and has received honors like Ivory Coast‘s “Player of the Year”, “African Footballer of the Year”, BBC‘s “African Footballer of the Year”, Manchester City‘s “Player of the Year”unit, and many more.
Gnégnéri Yaya Touré
Bouake, Ivory Coast
Toure went to ASEC Mimosas Youth Academy in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- Father – Mory Toure
- Siblings – Kolo Toure (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Ibrahim Toure (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer) (Died at the age of 28 after battling with cancer), Aicha Toure (Sister)
Yaya is signed with Dimitri Seluk.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Sandra Ntonya – In 2015, Yaya was involved in an affair with a Malawian prostitute named Sandra Ntonya who stated that the Ivorian international sent numerous messages in which he asked her to have s*x. Eventually, Yaya denied these claims saying that he is married and his wife is all he needed.
- Gineba Toure (2003-Present) – In 2003, Yaya married Gineba Toure. They have one child Dimitri Toure.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great athletic body
- Towering height
Toure has appeared in TV commercials for Nissan, Extra Joss, Pharmaderm Lotion, and Airtel Africa.
Yaya is a devoted Muslim.
Best Known For
Being one of the best midfielders in the last decade and also for being voted for African Footballer of the Year for 4 consecutive years in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
First Football Match
Yaya debuted for Barcelona on August 26, 2007, in a match against Racing de Santander.
On July 28, 2010, Toure played his first official match for Manchester City in a friendly win against Club America.
He had his Premier League debut on August 14, 2010, against Tottenham Hotspur.
Toure first performed for the Ivory Coast national team in 2004.
- Ball control
- Heading ability
- Powerful shots
- Change of direction (Agility)
- Defensive contribution
Same as his brothers, Yaya has been recognized for the passion he shows on the football pitch in each and every game. He has been gifted when it comes to his skills with the ball, but that’s not stopping Yaya to work on his game, day in and day out. He has been going through a comprehensive weight lifting training, and we can see the result in his performance and of course on his great sculpted body.
We couldn’t find the exact workout structure that Yaya is following, but we can give you several links you can visit to gain enough knowledge, so you can create your own workout.
Yaya Toure Facts
- He played as a striker during his youth career.
- Toure started attracting attention when he played for the Ivorian club ASEC Mimosas.
- Yaya was part of the 2009 Barcelona’s team which won 6 trophies in one year.
- He and his brother Kolo Toure played three years together in Manchester City until 2013 when Kolo moved to play for Liverpool.
- In 2001, Toure signed for the Belgian club Beveren.
- In 2003, he was on a trial in Arsenal. However, Arsenal’s manager Arsène Wenger wasn’t able to sign the youngster because he had problems with getting the work permit. At the same time, the Ivorian star was impatient and decided to sign for Metalurh Donetsk.
- In 2005, Yaya moved to Olympiacos.
- His brother Kolo Toure has described Yaya as the next Patrick Vieira.
- In August 2006, Toure was signed to the French club AS Monaco.
- In the summer of 2007, Yaya joined FC Barcelona. Toure signed a contract worth 10 million euros.
- On July 2, 2010, he signed a five-year contract with Manchester City worth 24 million British pounds.
- After the Ivorian international Didier Drogba retired from the national team, Yaya was named as a new captain of the team.
- In October 2013, he became a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme.
- At the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards, Toure was nominated for the Personality of the Year award.
- During The Future Africa Awards which happened in July 2014, he was nominated for the Prize in Entertainment award.
- In December 2015, he was named BBC African Footballer of the Year after public voting.