|Jack Grealish Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1995|
Jack Grealish is an English professional footballer who is known for playing as a winger and an attacking midfielder for Premier League’s club, Manchester City.
Jack Peter Grealish
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
He attended Our Lady of Compassion Roman Catholic Primary School and went to St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Secondary School in Solihull.
- Siblings – Keelan (Younger Brother) (d. April 2000)
- Others – Billy Garraty (Great-Grandfather) (Former Footballer)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
Jack Grealish Favorite Things
- Football Club – Aston Villa
Source – Wikipedia
Jack Grealish Facts
- He joined Aston Villa at the age of 6 and debuted in May 2014, coming on as an 88th-minute substitute for Ryan Bertrand in a 4-0 away defeat to Manchester City.
- He was capped by the Republic of Ireland up to an under-21 level before he confirmed his decision to play for England in April 2016. In May 2016, he played for the England under-21s for the first time and won the 2016 Toulon Tournament.
- Influenced by his Irish heritage, he played Gaelic football for John Mitchel’s Hurling and Camogie Club of Warwickshire GAA between ages 10 and 14.
- His great-great-grandfather Billy Garraty who was a former footballer earned one England cap and won the 1905 FA Cup Final with Aston Villa.
- He’s an ultimate Aston Villa fan.
- From September 13, 2013, to January 13, 2014, he joined Notts County as a youth loan. The following day, Grealish made his professional debut and came as a 59th-minute substitute for David Bell in a 3-1 away defeat to Milton Keynes Dons. In December 2013, he scored his first career goal and defeated 3 defenders to score the last goal in a 3-1 win over Gillingham at Meadow Lane. It was followed by opening a 4-0 victory at Colchester United. Grealish ended his loan with 5 goals and 7 assists in 38 appearances.
- In April 2015, he was warned by Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood following The Sun‘s report and published images where he can be seen inhaling nitrous oxide for recreational purposes.
- While he was playing in Irish youth teams, he was named in England’s under-17 team in 2011 at the of 15 but Grealish declined the invitation.
- He has been well-recognized for his ability to run and dribble past defenders. Aston Villa former academy director Bryan Jones compared his playing styled to that of Nottingham Forest legendary player John Robertson and cited it as an “ability to just ghost past people”.
- He wears child-sized shin pads while playing to maintain his ability to control the ball effectively. Moreover, he also wears his football socks being rolled down due to superstition which has led to referees giving him warnings to pull them up.
- In October 2015, he was offered a new four-year contract with Aston Villa. In April, he started his first match for the Villa in the Premier League, a 3-3 home draw against Queens Park Rangers during which his impressive performance was also highly praised.
- He finished as a lead scorer with 6 goals in May 2014 after playing in the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens. At the time, Aston Villa won the Shield title.
Featured Image by Jack Grealish / Instagram