|Érik Lamela Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1992|
Érik Lamela is a professional soccer player known for his stints with popular teams like River Plate and Tottenham Hotspur. He made his debut as a professional player in 2009 by playing for the River Plate team in a game against Tigre. He also has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 600k followers on Twitter.
Érik Manuel Lamela
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Erik Lamela started his soccer education at the prestigious River Plate Academy in his hometown of Buenos Aires.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Jose Lamela
- Mother – Miriam Lamela
- Siblings – Brian Lamela (Older Sister), Axel Lamela (Younger Sister)
Érik Lamela is represented by Pablo Sabbag.
11 – Tottenham Hotspur
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Érik Lamela has dated –
- Sofia Herrero (2010-Present) – Érik Lamela started going out with Sofia Herrero in 2010 while he was still trying to establish himself as the next big thing in Argentine soccer at River Plate. Since then, they have been in a steady relationship. On November 25, 2017, they welcomed their first son, Tobias.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic physique
- Good looks
Erik Lamela has an endorsement deal with the sportswear giant Adidas. As a part of the deal, he wears Adidas cleats for his professional matches.
Lamela is a devout Catholic. He often credits his belief in god for getting him through difficult times in his career.
Best Known For
- His successful stint with the Italian giant AS Roma. In his last season with them, he was their second-highest goalscorer behind Pablo Osvaldo with 15 goals.
- His mixed stint with Tottenham Hotspur during which he has managed to make more than 240 appearances. However, he has failed to establish himself in the playing eleven with his injury problems proving to be a hindrance as well.
First Soccer Match
- In June 2009, Érik made his professional soccer debut for River Plate in a match against Tigre in the Clausura Tournament. He was sent in as a substitute in the 80th minute.
- In September 2013, he played his first match for Tottenham Hotspur in a match against their derby rivals Arsenal. He was sent in as a 75th-minute substitute.
- In May 2011, Lamela made his international debut for the Argentina national team against Paraguay in a friendly match.
- Attacking movement
- Direct running
First TV Show
Apart from the footage of his soccer matches, Erik Lamela’s first TV show appearance came on the news talk show, Caiga Quien Caiga – CQC, in 2012.
Erik Lamela relies on his soccer training drills and sessions to keep himself fit. He increased the frequency and intensity of his strength training and conditioning workouts after his move to Tottenham in a bid to prepare his game according to the physicality of the English Premier League.
Érik Lamela Facts
- When he was learning his trade as a kid with the River Plate academy, his family was approached by the Catalan giants Barcelona, who offered to pay $100,000 a year along with a house and employment for his parents in exchange for a move to their famed La Masia academy.
- A film crew from Trans World Sport traveled to Buenos Aires to cover him in 2004.
- In August 2011, he left Argentine shores to announce himself in the European soccer with a move to AS Roma in a contract worth more than 12 million Euros.
- When he signed up for Tottenham Hotspur in August 2013, he became the first player to be signed by the London-based club in a contract worth more than £25 million.
- His debut season with Spurs was cut short in April 2014 because of a back injury.
- In October 2016, he was ruled out from the game because of a hip injury. His injury required two surgeries and he didn’t play a professional match for more than a year.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Érik Lamela / Instagram