Steven George Gerrard
Steve, Steve G, Captain Fantastic
Whiston, Merseyside, England
Steven attended St. Michael’s Primary School, Huyton, and after he went to Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School in Liverpool, UK.
He attended the Liverpool Academy at the age of nine.
Professional football player
- Father – Paul Gerrard
- Mother – Julie Ann Gerrard
- Siblings – Paul Gerrard (Brother)
- Others – Jon – Paul Gilhooley (Cousin)
Steve is signed with Wasserman Media Group (Sports Management Agency).
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
185 lbs or 84 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven Gerrard dated –
- Jennifer Ellison (2001-2002) – Back in 2001, Steven met and dated the British actress Jennifer Ellison. These two were together for 2 years.
- Alex Curran (2002–Present) – At the time he was dating Jennifer, Steven met his current wife Alex Curran (fashion journalist), who was dating a local businessman named Tony. Steven broke up with Jennifer to be with Alex and she did the same thing with Tony. After 2 years being spent in a relationship, Steven and Alex got engaged in 2004 and on June 16, 2007, they got married. They have 3 children together; Lilly Ella (born February 23, 2004), Lexie (born May 9, 2006), and Lourdes (born November 1, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
With age, his hair has turned ‘Dark Brown’.
- Playing style
- Great athletic build
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
He has signed different sponsorship deals with Jaguar Cars, Adidas, and Lucozade.
Steven has appeared in many commercials like Pringles, Carlsberg, Vauxhall Motors, Xbox One, etc.
Best Known For
Leading F.C Liverpool to win the UEFA Champions League in 2005.
He was chosen as the best player in the final game against AC Milan, in which he scored the first goal. Liverpool won that match after the penalty shootout.
- Great leadership
- Sending thought passes (Playing tough balls to his teammates)
- Great set-piece taker
Steven doesn’t have a personal trainer, he trains by himself. His current manager at Liverpool F.C. Brendan Rodgers says that Steven is one of the oldest players on the team and still works harder than most of the young stars.
“I guess that’s what makes him be the superstar he is. His work ethic and talent since young age drove him to this stage, he is a great example of all future and current potential stars. When they look at Steve G they need to know that everything he achieved, achieved only through hard work and sweat.“
– said Brendan Rodgers.
Steven Gerrard Favorite Things
- Movie – The Hangover (2009)
- Pre-Game Meal – Grilled Salmon and Brown Pasta
- Song – Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
- Places – Portugal, Dubai
- Football Club – Liverpool F.C.
Source – DailyMail
Steven Gerrard Facts
- He made his debut in Liverpool’s first team at the age of 18.
- Before he started wearing number 8 on his shirt, he wore number 17.
- He is right-footed.
- Steven has his own autobiography Gerrard: My Autobiography, which was ghostwritten by the journalist Henry Winter.
- Despite the fact that his main position is a midfielder, he also played the second striker, holding midfielder and right winger.
- His cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley died in 1989 during Hillsborough disaster, when Gerrard was only 8.
- He played with David Beckham in the England National football team.
- At the age of 13, he went on a trial in Manchester United.
- Gerrard is the only footballer that scored goals in Champions League final, FA Cup final, League Cup final and the UEFA Cup Final.
- He scored his first goal for England in a match against Germany, which his national team won by 5-1.
- He is one of the few players, who have received the most red cards in Liverpool’s jersey, a total of 6.
- Steven has his own foundation called ‘Steven Gerrard Foundation’ (stevengerrardfoundation.org).
- Steven has a Twitter profile dedicated to his most passionate fans.
- You can also follow Steven on his Instagram.