|Steven Gerrard Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1980|
Steven Gerrard is an English professional football manager and former player who has been described as one of the greatest players of his generation. He spent the majority of his playing career as a central midfielder for Liverpool and the England national team and later became the manager of the Premier League club Aston Villa in November 2021. Additionally, his individual awards include UEFA Club Footballer of the Year in 2005, PFA Players’ Player of the Year in 2006, and FWA Footballer of the Year in 2009. In the 2007 New Year Honours, he was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to sport. and was inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame in 2021.
Steven George Gerrard
Steve, Steve G, Captain Fantastic
Whiston, Merseyside, England
Steven attended St. Michael’s Primary School, Huyton, and after he went to Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School in Liverpool, UK.
He attended the Liverpool Academy at the age of nine.
Professional football player
- Father – Paul Gerrard
- Mother – Julie Ann Gerrard
- Siblings – Paul Gerrard (Brother)
- Others – Jon – Paul Gilhooley (Cousin)
Steve has been signed with Wasserman Media Group (Sports Management Agency).
His net worth has been $90 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
185 lbs or 84 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven Gerrard has dated –
- Jennifer Ellison (2001-2002) – Back in 2001, Steven met and dated the British actor Jennifer Ellison. These two were together for 2 years.
- Alex Curran (2002–Present) – At the time he was dating Jennifer, Steven met his future wife Alex Curran (fashion journalist), who was dating a local businessman named Tony. Steven broke up with Jennifer to be with Alex and she did the same thing with Tony. After 2 years of being spent in a relationship, Steven and Alex got engaged in 2004, and on June 16, 2007, they got married. They have 4 children together – 3 daughters named Lilly Ella (b. February 23, 2004), Lexie (b. May 9, 2006), and Lourdes (b. November 1, 2011) and a son named Lio.
Race / Ethnicity
Steven Gerrard is of English and Irish descent.
With age, his hair has turned ‘Dark Brown’.
- Playing style
- Great athletic build
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
He has signed different sponsorship deals with Jaguar Cars, Adidas, and Lucozade.
Steven has appeared in many commercials like Pringles, Carlsberg, Vauxhall Motors, Xbox One, etc.
Best Known For
Leading F.C Liverpool to win the UEFA Champions League in 2005.
He was chosen as the best player in the final game against AC Milan, in which he scored the first goal. Liverpool won that match after the penalty shootout.
- Great leadership
- Sending thought passes (Playing tough balls to his teammates)
- Great set-piece taker
Steven doesn’t have a personal trainer, he trains by himself. His current manager at Liverpool F.C. Brendan Rodgers says that Steven is one of the oldest players on the team and still works harder than most of the young stars.
“I guess that’s what makes him be the superstar he is. His work ethic and talent since young age drove him to this stage, he is a great example of all future and current potential stars. When they look at Steve G they need to know that everything he achieved, achieved only through hard work and sweat.“
– said Brendan Rodgers.
Steven Gerrard Favorite Things
- Movie – The Hangover (2009)
- Pre-Game Meal – Grilled Salmon and Brown Pasta
- Song – Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
- Places – Portugal, Dubai
- Football Club – Liverpool F.C.
Source – DailyMail.co.uk
Steven Gerrard Facts
- He made his debut in Liverpool’s first team at the age of 18.
- Before he started wearing the number 8 on his shirt, he wore the number 17.
- He is right-footed.
- Steven has his own autobiography Gerrard: My Autobiography, which was ghostwritten by the journalist Henry Winter.
- Despite the fact that his main position is a midfielder, he also played the second striker, holding midfielder, and right-winger.
- His cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley died in 1989 during the Hillsborough disaster when Gerrard was only 8.
- He played with David Beckham on the England National football team.
- At the age of 13, he went on a trial in Manchester United.
- Gerrard is the only footballer that scored goals in the Champions League final, FA Cup final, League Cup final, and the UEFA Cup Final.
- He scored his first goal for England in a match against Germany, which his national team won by 5-1.
- He is one of the few players, who have received the most number of red cards in Liverpool’s jersey, a total of 6.
- Steven has his own foundation called ‘Steven Gerrard Foundation’ (stevengerrardfoundation.org).
- In July 2023, Steven was appointed as the manager of the Saudi Arabian football team, Al-Ettifaq.