|Gabriella Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1998|
Gabriella Taylor is a professional tennis player known for being one of the most promising talents in England. Her commitment to her game whether it is moving to Spain at an early age or making a triumphant return from her mysterious illness that nearly killed her and forced her to withdraw from Wimbledon Juniors has won her a lot of admiration. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 5k followers on Instagram and more than 5k followers on Twitter.
Gabriella Patricia Taylor
Southampton, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between her hometown Southampton (in London) and Barcelona.
As she started her tennis career at a very young age, Gabriella Taylor found it difficult to fit regular education in her schedule. Therefore, her mother decided to homeschool Gabriella on her own.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Paul Taylor
- Mother – Milena Taylor (Dentist)
- Siblings – Unknown
Gabriella Taylor is represented by First Access Sports.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabriella Taylor has opted to keep her personal life away from the public domain, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
She has British ancestry on her father’s side, while on her mother’s side, she is of Polish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
Gabriella Taylor has signed an endorsement deal with Wilson Tennis. She often uses her social media posts to promote the brand.
She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like New Look.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Her strong performances in the junior tennis tournaments and ITF circuit events
- Having reached the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Juniors in 2016. However, she had to retire in the 2nd set of the quarterfinal match because of health problems.
First Tennis Match
In July 2012, Gabriella made her tennis debut in the AEGON Junior International Edinburgh tournament.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of her tennis matches, Gabriella Taylor made her first TV show appearance on the British TV series, South Today in July 2016.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Gabriella Taylor Favorite Things
- Soccer Team – Southampton FC
- Tennis Surface – Grass Court
Source – Instagram, Daily Mail
Gabriella Taylor Facts
- In November 2017, she started working with tennis coaches Xavier Budo and David Sunyer.
- Her talent was first discovered when she was 4 years old and was playing at David Lloyd Southampton.
- At the age of 7, she managed to win a regional tennis tournament and for her reward, she got a trip to Trafalgar Square, where she got to see an exhibition match featuring Boris Becker and Tim Henman.
- While growing up, she used to ski a lot. However, at the age of 12, she decided to give up skiing as she wanted to focus solely on her tennis career.
- At the age of 14, she decided to move to Marbella, Spain to boost her tennis career. For the similar reason, she moved to Barcelona at the age of 19.
- In 2012, she managed to win 14 & Under Girls Singles event at the British Junior National Championships.
- After she retired from the Wimbledon Juniors in 2016, she was admitted to Southampton General Hospital. Her health deteriorated at the hospital and she had to be placed in intensive care. She was eventually diagnosed with leptospirosis, which among other things is caused by rat’s urine. The unusual nature of her illness led to police opening an official investigation to check a possible poisoning angle.
- In 2018, she was selected in the Great Britain team for the Fed Cup along with Heather Watson, Anna Smith, and Johanna Konta. However, she didn’t get to play in any of the matches.
- In June 2018, she made her WTA main draw debut as she was selected as a wildcard entry for the Nottingham Open. However, she was defeated by the defending champion Donna Vekić in the first round.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Diliff / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0