|Gabrielle Reece Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1970|
Gabrielle Reece is an American professional volleyball player, sports announcer, fashion model, television personality, actor, and producer. A multitalented personality, she played on professional volleyball tours for several years after graduation and was the WBVL skills leader from 1993-1996. In addition to that, she has also been a part of a number of shows and movies which include Gary Unmarried, Gattaca, North Shore, Chicago Sons, Billions, Cloud 9, 8 Simple Rules, Cybill, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, The Doctors, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Last Call with Carson Daly, Celebrity Blackjack, Hell’s Kitchen, and S.T.R.O.N.G.
Gabrielle Allyse Reece
La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States
She divides her time between –
- Kauai, Hawaii, United States
- Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
She got an athletic scholarship from Florida State University, where she completed her majors in communications.
Professional Volleyball Player, Sports Announcer, Fashion Model, Television Celebrity, Actor, Producer
- Father – Robert Eduardo Reece (Afro-Trinidadian; died in a plane crash when Gabby was 5 years old)
- Mother – Terry Glynn (Writer and Former Dolphin Trainer)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Edward Albert Reece (Paternal Grandfather), Winifred/Winnifrid/Winnifred Melissa Beal (Paternal Grandmother)
Gabrielle Reece has been signed to –
- WME Entertainment
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabrielle Reece has dated –
- Dean Cain – Gabrielle Reece was in a relationship with American actor Dean Cain. He is best known for his role as Superman and the two dated for a while before they separated ways.
- Deion Sanders (1985) – She had an encounter with American former football and baseball player, Deion Sanders.
- Laird John Hamilton (1997–Present) – The volleyball star married the Hawaiian surfer, Laird John Hamilton on November 30, 1997. The couple has two daughters – Reece Viola Hamilton (b. October 2003) and Brody Jo Hamilton (b. January 1, 2008, in Hawaii). Gabby is also the stepmother to her husband’s daughter Izabella (from a previous marriage).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
Gabrielle Reece is of African-Trinidadian, English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Her exceptional height
- Husky tone
36-24-35 in or 91.5-61-89 cm
11.5 (US) or 9 (UK) or 42 (EU)
She has done print ads for Ebel Sportwave watches (1993), Nike sportswear (1994-1996), Coppertone Oil Free Waterproof Sunblock lotion (1996-1998), Nike Performance Apparel (1998), Dannon Light yogurt (1999), eBags.com (2000), and PureVia all-natural sweetener and sugar substitute (2009).
Best Known For
She is best known for her roles in Gattaca (1997), Air Bud: Spikes Back (2003), and Riding Giants (2004).
Her other films include Cloud Nine (2004), and North Shore (2004).
She has also worked in NBC’s The Biggest Loser (2004), and the CBS sitcom Gary Unmarried (2008-10).
Gabrielle Reece is also known as a writer and her books like her autobiography titled Big Girl in the Middle (1998), and My Foot is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life (2013), have been best sellers.
Reece was first seen on screen as a physical trainer in the 1997 film Gattaca.
First TV Show
She made a guest appearance on the TV series North Shore in 2004.
Gabrielle Reece is a fitness freak and has always maintained a body that anyone would like to have. She has a daily fitness and diet routine that she shared in an interview.
The ace volleyball player has also shared some exercise and fitness tips needed for a balanced lifestyle in another interview.
Gabrielle Reece is a fitness and health trainer as well and has a dedicated website (www.xptlife.com) for all those, who want to have a healthy, fit body and live a long life.
Gabrielle Reece Favorite Things
- Chocolate – Barcelona Bar
- Food – Red Meat
- Drink – Pellegrino, Kombucha Tea
- Recipe – Ginger Sweet Potato Baked Fries, Butternut Squash Salad, Free Range Roasted Chicken
Source – Active, Shape.com
Gabrielle Reece Facts
- In 1997, Gabrielle Reece became part of the Florida State University Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Gabrielle Reece is a single child of her parents.
- Elle ranked Gabrielle Reece among the five most beautiful women in the world in 1989. Outside, Shape, Women’s Sports & Fitness, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Life, and Playboy have all had Reece on their cover.
- Gabby was named among the 20 Most Influential Women in Sports by Women’s Sports & Fitness in August 1999.
- She is a member of the Malibu Mob group. Her group members include actors John Cusack and John C. McGinley, hockey player Chris Chelios, and tennis player John McEnroe.
Reece was given a chance to work on a per day $10,000 rate as an Elite agency fashion model, but she still chose volleyball.
- In 1994-95, she was named the Offensive Player of the Year.
In 1999, the all-rounder lady earned $23,400 in her maiden full-season on the two-person pro beach circuit.
- Gabrielle Reece holds the record of being the first female athlete to design a shoe and also the first-ever female cross-training spokesperson for Nike.
- She is a health and fitness expert and contributes regularly to leading publications like The Huffington Post and the Los Angeles Times.
- She also launched the HIGHX workout program in 2015.